Tuesday, August 25, 2015

His Crown Lit Up the Way

In May, Riley had to do is 6th grade wax museum.  He got to be King Nebbakuneezer.  No, I don't care that I more than likely spelled that wrong.  He showed me a picture of the costume he wanted, and I made it.  Lucky for him, he told me in advance, so I had time to make it.  And lucky for me my bestest friend Nicole gave me a new sewing machine for Christmas.  It works so much better than my old one that ate more fabric than the project ever required.  Well, sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't.  I'm just saying I'm grateful for the extra nice gift.

Because it turned out amazing.  I mean, I did such a great job on this project.  I feel like someone who can actually sew.
For his crown, I got a sand bucket from the dollar store and spray painted it gold.  Then I took some gold sequin ribbon and wrapped it around the hat and used it to make gold diamond shapes on it.
I also got some yellow flip flops from the dollar store and spray painted them gold, too.  I don't really recommend that, though.  The paint will come off and get all over your feet.

 I went to all that trouble to make a hat and spray paint those flip flops and he forgot to wear them!
Although, to be honest. I'm fine with him not wearing the flip flops.  But not the hat!

 Oh, well.  He still did a good job.

 My grandmother also came and visited us in May.  We all got together and had dinner with her one Saturday evening while she was with my parents.

 She got to meet Ansel for the first time!

 And she got to meet Milo for the first time!

These two cousins are a week apart.  Such a couple of cuties!
We had a very good time together.
I love it when my grandma comes to town. :)


And now, for your listening pleasure:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A76a_LNIYwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments: