Monday, May 26, 2008

Painful Experiences

Happy Memorial Day! We were planning on working in the garden today and finishing planting flowers in the yard, but alas, it is raining! So we went to Target. Taking Riley shopping is always a mistake. For one thing he hates shopping and he lets you know by disobeying your every request. If you ask him to stay by your side, he wanders off. If you ask him to stop touching everything, he has to touch everything. He has to touch the clothes, the tags on the clothes, the signs poking out of the isles that say 2 for $3. It drives me nuts! And his voice has two volumes: loud and louder. Aye, Aye, Aye! Then, I punish him by making him stay in the cart and he's all "I hate you! You are the worstest, meanest mom in the world!" I usually roll my eyes and ignore him. He hates being ignored. Luckily this time Kurtis was with us. He's very good at getting Riley in line.
So, I started going to physical therepy for my right S.I. joint. During the winter sometime I slipped on a patch of ice and hit hard on my butt. I got right up and was really embarassed, but other than that, I thougth I was fine. Then a little while later, my hip started to hurt. I could just walk off the pain, but right before I went to P.T., I couldn't really walk it off any more. So I called my doctor and she told me to go to a physical therapist. Well, at least I didn't need a hip replacement. The P.T. has given me some stretches to do at home and told me to ice my back for 10-15 minutes every day. Also, I have to go on 10 minute walks (or as long as my joint allows). He said this is a stubborn injury and could take awhile to heal. Which means he's thinking, "Cha-ching!" But it does seem to be helping. I went twice last week, and go back on Thursday.
Zachary has finished soccer until fall. Riley started T-ball. Kaleb has his last music class on Wednesday, and the last day of school is Friday! Zachary cried when I told him it wasn't the last day of school on Friday. Ha ha! He has four more days left!

No comments: