Friday, July 11, 2008

My Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday! I am now 29 years-old. My friend who is 30 likes to tell me she is old. I am just a year younger, so next year I will be old, too I suppose. Whatever. We're not old! I don't feel old. My hip still hurts sometimes, but so what. Advil works great. :) And I am officially too old to audition for American Idol (which I don't watch, my agent sent me an email about the auditions - that's all).
Anyway, I had a pretty good day. The kids were pretty nice to each other. When they would act up, I would say, "Be nice! It's my birthday!" And they were nicer. We made cookies. The chocolate kind with chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. They turned out yummy! :) Later, the kids asked my why we didn't have cake. I told them because we had cookies - that's what I wanted and it's my birthday! They didn't like that so much. Too bad. My awesome sister-in-law watched the kids for us while Kurtis and I went to the temple in Bountiful. It was nice. So calm, peaceful, and quiet. Then we got Winger's to go, picked up the kids, put them to bed, and watched the movie Hairspray. Ha ha! I loved it. It was pretty funny and entertaining. I love musicals. Beauty and the Beast is still probably my favorite, though. Our city put on the play for the 4th of July and they did a very good job. I wish I wasn't so scared of auditioning for musicals. Perhaps I will overcome them soon. Our stake is putting on Savior of the World in October (more details to come!), so perhaps this will help. I have the part of Salome and I have lines and a one-line solo! Woo-hoo! Ha ha! It will be fun, and I'm a little freaked out about that tiny solo.
Here are some new pictures of the boys!

Riley's T-ball game

Helping Daddy weed the garden

At the zoo!

The white crocodile at the zoo is so cool!

We have a pretty cool park

Swings are always fun

Taming the beast!

No comments: