Friday, November 28, 2008

Autumn Elation


A week or two ago, I made the kids dress in the cute outfits they are wearing here (No, I don't normally dress my children alike.), and took pictures for this year's Christmas card. I raked up all the leaves in the front yard and told the kids to lay down (like in the picture above), and the sun was in Kaleb's eyes, so he wouldn't open them. Now, I don't really consider myself to be all that kid-friendly a person. I just don't really know what to do with them. I wanted to get the "serious" pictures first and then shots of them playing in the leaves so the pile could be destroyed and not have to be raked up again. Well, thank the Lord that I have Kurtis, because, he took over the part of getting the kids to be happy. I was just getting frustrated with Kaleb because he wouldn't do anything but cover his eyes. So we decided the best route would be to let them play in the leaves first. Which is what they really wanted to do any way. I got some really great shots! I took like a thousand and forty-nine pictures (nooo, I don't exaggerate at all!), so you would think that I would get something. The Christmas card picture will not be posted here. You will just have to wait and see it when our card arrives! But here are a few that I love and just have to share with everyone. And since it was Thanksgiving yesterday (okay, technically it was two days ago, but I haven't gone to bed yet, so my day hasn't really ended, has it? (I just have to say...) These are some really great pictures of the some of the things I am grateful for. Enjoy!













Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Us said...

way cute pictures melissa! they look like theyre having so much fun.

Jon and Emily said...

Your boys are getting so big! I can't believe it has been so long! The pics turned out sooo cute too!