Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Things We Do

Okay, so I was bored with my hair, so I decided to dye it dark brown. But no, why stop there when you can do so many exciting things these days. So yesterday, my sister-in-law (who is a licensed hair-stylist) did this:



Yep. Red. "So Red" to be exact! I love it! It's so totally me.

Later that night, our town had a little Christmas shindig. We went to the town's Christmas tree lighting ceremony and electric parade. It was so tiny. But the kids had fun. Here's some pictures I took. They aren't very good because it was night and in order to see the lights, you had to turn the flash off, so sorry they suck.


Yep, that's the tree! The pine tree in the background behind the jr. high choir.


Businesses decorated trucks and trailers with lights and drove down main street. They were pretty cool. The whole parade lasted about fifteen or twenty minutes.


The Volkswagens were my favorite. They were just so fun.


Happy Christmas, Santa! Santa's on the back, but this is the only "good" shot of him I got. The other one was just way too blurry. The girls in front of him are the town's royalty. Gotta love those beauty queens!

So, I've decided I live in a cheesy, small town. But it's all in the name of fun and keeping the kids off drugs. (See, I'm very funny.) The kids had fun, though. They got the last of the free hot chocolate. It wasn't very cold, though. Our weather has been quite mild. We'll see how long that lasts. After the parade, we went to dinner at a chain burger joint (cough, burger king, cough). I didn't say it out loud. I ordered the breaded chicken burger which probably has like 10,000 calories in it. But since I don't normally eat things like that any more (I usually get the salad or the jr. burger), I got sick. I wanted to puke, but Kurtis told me I shouldn't make myself throw up. Oh, well. I felt better this morning, so I guess it wasn't really necessary after all. I guess I will just have to keep up my work out routine (which was kind of shot down last week). Darn vacation. The kids go back to school tomorrow! Yay!

3 comments:

Rachel and Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel and Michael said...

I love your hair!! Love the cut, love the color, just love it! And the pictures from the christmas festival or whatever are fun. It's okay that there is no flash, I think they turned out great. Nice catching up on your family. =)

Ben =] said...

isn't brigham smaller and tons of kids here do drugs?