Friday, December 19, 2008

He's Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman!


Well, Sunday, December 14th was Kaleb's fourth birthday! We went to church and taught him in our sunbeams class (the three and four-year-olds are just called that). Then we had Aunt Emily and her boyfriend Ben K. (We call him Benk because our brother's name is also Ben) over for decorating the Christmas tree (yes, it's real!) and dinner. Then it was party time!
Kaleb is in love with Spiderman. Saturday, we went to Build-a-Bear (in a blizzard, I may add. The roads were scary.), and he got to pick out his choice of a bear or a puppy. He picked the puppy. We stuffed him, made four wishes on his four hearts, washed him and combed him, and dressed him in a Spiderman outfit. He turned out so cute, and Kaleb was so excited. His older brothers want to build their own bears now. Any way, Kaleb had a Spiderman party. We got a balloon that talked with Spiderman on it and Spiderman party favors and napkins. The balloon said something like, "I'm your friendly neighboorhood spiderman! My spidey senses are tingling, but it doesn't take spidey senses to know that an awesome kid is having a birthday! Have a happy, blah, blah, blah, webslinging day!" Kaleb thought it was so cool. But I'm kind of tired of him asking me to hit the button to make it talk.
He had an awesome ice cream cake decorated with who else? Spiderman! Obsession. But we had fun. Here are some pictures of the big day!

Here's the cake and the balloons! Pretty cool.


Blowing out the candles! He got them all all by himself!

Here's the puppy! He named him Spiderman (of course!) Thanks Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Roger!

A Diego colorwonder set from Aunt Kristie! Sweet!

And a blow-up Spiderman punching bag! Yay! But it makes Neji bark like someone is killing someone when we play with it! Ha ha ha! You're the best, Kristie!

Oh, sweet! My own basketball hoop! Thanks, Grandma Bonnie!

An awesome Lego Darth Vader pen from my brothers!

My first bucket of legos! Thanks Mom and Dad!

Oh, here's a funny story. Uncle Ryan D. (pictured) kept giving Kaleb these crackers. He'd give them to him and Kaleb would get all excited. Then when Kaleb wasn't looking, Ryan would take them away and give them back to him. He did this three times and every time, Kaleb was way excited to get them! It was hillarious!

Left to Right: Benk, Ben, Emily, and Jeremy (my siblings and Emily's boyfriend)

Grandma Nancy, Grandma Bonnie, and Rodney (my brother), oh, and the guy with his head poking out behind my mom (Grandma Nancy) is my brother Ryan.

Grandpa Roger (my dad) hates getting his picture taken, so he hams them up!
The gorgeous Aunt Kristie! She's Kurtis's sister

The cousins and brothers of Kaleb's Except, Where's Taylor - his favorite! I didn't get a single picture of her! How odd.

I have five brothers and two sisters. The only ones who couldn't make it that night were Michele and Michael. Bummer. But Michele has a good excuse. She lives in another state! That's my fun family! Hope you liked it!

No comments: