Monday, May 25, 2015

You Wrung Me Out Too Many Times

We have not had a dishwasher for awhile.  The water where we live is very, very hard.  Very hard.  After we moved into our home, the dishwasher probably lasted about two years?  I don't remember.  It wasn't new (as far as I know), but it just went out.  I can't remember exactly why.  But my parents bought us a new one after it died.  It was a Christmas/birthday present for the whole entire family.  I don't think it lasted a whole year.
Kurtis was always on the fence about whether or not we should get a water softener.  I wanted one.  He didn't really see why we needed one.  Until then.  So we decided we were not going to get a new dishwasher until we got a water softener.  Well, that's great.  But years went by and we didn't get a water softener, so we didn't have a dishwasher.  Well.  We had three.  Their names are Zachary, Riley, and Kaleb.  He he he.
The end of September last year, our water heater finally kicked the bucket.  It was original to our home which was built in 1992, so yeah.  It was inevitable.  But that shower I took that morning was not fun when the hot water ran out.
I called a plumber and they came out.  I almost bought the tank-less water heater, but I felt I shouldn't for some reason.  It was really expensive.  The next day, the furnace needed replacing (also the original), so I think I made the right choice.  Any way, when we put in the water heater, I had them put in a water softener, too.  I had been waiting for so long for this!
As tax return time came closer, I asked the kids if they would rather get a dishwasher or go to Disneyland.  Well, in all those years of not having a dishwasher, our children got a lot of practice, and so they said, "A dishwasher!"  Honestly, I agreed.
So here is the newest member of our family:

His name is Bosch.

And now, for your listening pleasure:

No comments: