Thursday, May 28, 2015

You Can Have Your Own Set of Wings

Easter was April 5th and so my kids' Spring Break began Friday, March 27th right after school got out.  Zach and Riley got to go on an over-night camp out for scouts.  I think it may have rained. I can't remember.  But Zach almost didn't get to go because of missing assignments.  The punk.  But by the skin of his teeth, he got them done and turned in.  I'm shaking my head right now.  I know you can't see me, but I am.
We didn't do much for Spring Break.  Except stay home and play video games.  But on the Friday before Easter, Riley, Kaleb, and I packed a picnic lunch and went to visit Michael and Lili's new baby boy.  We thought it would be fun to go to a park and fly kites.  Kurtis had told Zach he couldn't go, but I can't remember why.  Probably something to do with his grades, but that isn't making sense because I'm pretty sure he went on that camping trip.  It's hard to say though.  They go on so many, they are starting to run together.  And for some reason, I am still always surprised when I get an email telling me they are having another one.  I mean, they just went on one.  They have to go on another one?  I know the one after that, he didn't get to go on because of grades though.  The punk.
Any way, I took a bunch of pictures with my phone at the park.  It wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm yet either, and unfortunately, I wasn't really very windy.  Lili and Kaleb tried to fly their kites any way.
It was also on this day, that I realized my children don't know who Mary Poppins is.  I found a copy of the movie at Target, but we have yet to watch it.  Soon.  My children must see this classic soon.

 At the dollar store where we bought our kites, I also found this awesome bubble gun.  Kaleb loved it.
I think Gus liked it, too.  I sure hope so because I gave it to him at the end of the day.:)

 Look at that handsome mug!

 Riley liked the bubble gun, too.

 Oh, baby.  Melt my heart. :)

 Riley and Kaleb have a hard time taking turns sometimes.

 Setting up their kite.

 Michael, trying to teach Kaleb to fly his kite.  Which promptly broke.

 Riley didn't want to fly his kite and kicked Gus' ball instead.

 Lili got her kite to fly a little bit.

 But only for a little bit.

 And then again!  It was fun.

 Gus loved it.

 I love this picture. :)




 And I just got to hold this little guy for a very long time. I loved it.



 All too soon it was Gus' nap time and we had to go.

 The butterfly in their yard.


And now, for your listening pleasure:



No comments: