Sunday, June 7, 2015

It's Doing Nothing But Tire Us Out

It's been awhile since I've posted more of the Sacrament Meeting Art series.  But I have a bunch of pictures that I've done.  I just kept forgetting to post them each week.  Seriously.  Here are five.

Sacrament Meeting Art #7:  May 10, 2015.
My cousin lives in Arizona and often posts the sunsets he gets to enjoy on Instagram.
Gorgeous, gorgeous sunsets.

See what I mean?


Sacrament Meeting Art #8:  May 17, 2015.
This one was also a picture taken by my cousin.  He loves the outdoors.
Maybe he will comment and tell me where this is.

Wherever it is, I really think it's beautiful.


Sacrament Meeting Art #9:  May 24, 2015.
My gorgeous friend posted this picture of her hike to Tony's Grove on facebook about three years ago and it popped up in my news feed a few weeks ago.  I decided I had to color it.

Such a beautiful place.


Sacrament Meeting Art #10:  May 31, 2015.
As I was driving home from my parent's place last week, I told Kurtis to take a picture of the sunset.  He did.  It's a beautiful picture, but I decided to zoom in on it a bit and just do the mountains way in the back center.

Every night, the sky is different.  And every night it is beautiful.


Sacrament Meeting Art #11:  June 7, 2015.
And finally, this is the one I did today.  And it is all from my imagination.  I think there are things I would change about it now that I've been looking at it more.  The flowers should be more clustered.  They look too much like one of my roller stamps.
Anyway, this one is in honor of Pride Day.  I support equal rights for all people.  And yes.  I do mean all of them.  I believe the kindness in the world is what makes it a beautiful place, and I think we can use a bit more of it when it comes to the way we talk to each other, the way we talk about each other, and the way we treat other people.  I know I am not always kind.  I'm not perfect, but I do try.  That's all any of us can do.  But we don't have to create animosity where there doesn't need to be.
Soldiers are brave.  Figuring out who you are and what you were meant to be is brave.  It's not a competition and we don't need to tear one person down to decide who is more brave.  Everyone has a personal journey.  What makes you happy is not what is going to make someone else happy.  Your journey in life is your journey.  Your mistakes and triumphs make you who you are.  You don't need to understand another person's journey, but you do need to allow them to have it.  It is between them and their God.  So leave it alone and don't decide what is best for them.  Especially when you have never even met them.
I hope you have a great week!

And now, for your listening enjoyment:


No comments: