Saturday, October 25, 2008

Scary Things

Today, I auditioned for the musical The Wizard of Oz! I did something that I am afraid to do. I auditioned for a musical. I know I can sing. That's not the problem. The problem is that I can't read music, and I'm not a very good dancer. I can't count the beats out, or whatever. It's hard to explain because people who know how to do it, look at me like I am nuts when I say this. But I don't think I've ever learned effectively. Here's what happens to me. I am trying to remember the words and hit the right notes, so then when I add the counting to it, too, my brain gets overwhelmed and so I stop counting. Perhaps I do count unconsciously a little, but I don't know if that's even possible. Any way, whether I got the part remains to be seen, but I auditioned, and I did well. That's what's important. Oh, I auditioned for another play (not a musical, so not so scary) called Charley's Aunt. I made call backs! We'll see what happens.

No comments: