Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Zoo in the Wintertime


So, I've been meaning to post some pictures of the trip we took to the zoo, but the pictures are on the basement computer, and it's cold, so I don't go down there much unless Kurtis is down there, and then we mostly just play World of Warcraft together. After that, I just want to go to bed. So I'm braving the cold of the basement and getting this done. I'm wearing my coat, so I can handle it.
On December 29, 2008, the kids, Kurtis, and I went to the zoo with my friend and three of her kids. It was so much fun! Neither of our families had been there in the winter before, so it was neat. It was like 36 degrees outside and sunny, so it wasn't too cold outside. The zoo in the winter is really cool. The animals aren't just lying around trying not to move because it's way too hot in the summer. Here are some pictures! I wanted to take more, but my camera ran out of batteries...


Kurtis with the kids at the world fountain ball thingy


Peacock!


Zach found a feather!


Here's my friend Nicole, Riley, her daughter Hope is in the pink coat, and her daughter Celeste is in the red coat. Check out those turkeys!


No, wait...There they are!


This little guy was hopping all over the place. Maybe he didn't want his feet to get cold!


I didn't know elephants liked Christmas trees!


Mountain lion


I have never seen the bears out before! It was fun to get to see some of the animals that usually hide in the summer.


This guy is called a Chacoan Pecarry. I've never seen them out and about before either.


There's a new carousel at our zoo. It's very cool, but closed for the winter. We will have to come back so the kids can ride it again!

I took more pictures, but I thought I was starting to bore you, so I stopped. But I do have one more cute picture for you. It's of Zach and Nicole's daughter Treasure. She also has a son named Collin, but he didn't come. Any way. Zach thinks Treasure is his girlfriend. It's so cute. They're friends and he got her a pair of cheap earings and a necklace for Christmas. So here they are together at the zoo! (Sigh) Young love! :)


Watching the Elephants. So cute!

No comments: