Friday, January 30, 2009

Community Theater

I said I would update you about Beauty and the Beast, so here we go! Well, the second week of practice, we lost our Mrs. Potts, but no worries. We have a new one. She's older (the other one was younger than me, I think!), and she's so cute. Well, last night I went to rehearsal. We were supposed to be learning the choreography for "Be Our Guest", but our choreographer was not there. So we rehearsed the music and learned "The Mob Song". I suppose when actors and stage crew are not getting payed they think it's not that big of a deal, but we want our show to be good. It's not helpful if people aren't there when they need to be. But the choreographer had a good excuse I suppose. It was work related.
When I arrived, they were holding auditions for then next up coming play The Women, so I took a moment to audition for that play. Then I went to Beauty and the Beast rehearsals. As I was leaving, the director for the next play said he would be contacting me. Sweet!
I needed to leave rehearsal early, because I had an audition in the big city that I had to get to before 10 p.m. I never made it. I didn't leave until 9, when I should have left at 8:30 (the big city is an hour from Heritage Theater). I had forgotten my headshot and resume (typical me), so I had to go home and get it. I live 30 minutes from the big city (roughly), so by the time I got home, it was 9:35. I just stayed home. I wasn't going to make it, and why waist the gas in my car. But hey, I auditioned for something else instead! It's all good. I didn't take any pictures at rehearsal this time because we weren't dancing, so I figured pictures of people sitting with their heads burried in their music books wasn't all that interesting to look at, so there ya go. More on Beauty and the Beast later!
Oh, FYI, Kaleb woke me up at like 3 or 4 this morning asking if he could sleep with me. When I touched him, he was burning up. He also has a cold. So I let him sleep on the floor next to me. He kept me up pretty much off and on and would complain that his legs hurt. So finally around 6 a.m., I let him climb in bed with us. It would be a lot easier to rub his legs if he was next to me rather than on the floor. Needless to say, I'm kind of tired today. But I am very grateful to my friend Trish. She took Riley to school, so I wouldn't have to take Kaleb outside in the cold (it's 35 degrees - yeah, I know Michele, it isn't that cold compared to Minesota, but he is not well!)and walk Riley there. It was a really nice thing to do. Now, we just have to pray that I don't get sick, because I can't be sick. I have to sing to high to get sick right now.

No comments: