Friday, February 6, 2009

I Got the Part!

Well, remember how in my last blog, I said I auditioned for the play "The Women"? Well, I got the part of the lead! I am Mary. Now, go watch the movie. I play the part Meg Ryan played. The movie (which I haven't seen yet) seems quite differnt from the play, though. For one thing the play takes place around 1948. I get to do my hair the way my grandmother did hers. It's so awesome. I love the '40s. So this is very exciting. The play runs April 24th thru May 16th (I think it's the 16th). I'll keep you posted on the drama in that one too. It has 23 women in it. No men! Except the director. He's a man. Ha ha ha! But holy crap am I going to be busy. Two plays at once. What fun!
We did a read-through of the play on Wednesday night. I get to get undressed and the whole audience gets to see me in my underwear (it's a scene in an expensive store where I am trying on evening gowns)! I'm not nervous about that at all! Underwear back then covered more, right?

No comments: