Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Grown-Up Bed

Tax returns are nice. So a long time ago, I got pushed by some one who will remain nameless because it's complicated. If you really want to know ask me later. Any way, this person shoved me so hard I got whiplash that never healed properly. So when I was 18 and living in the dorms at the University of my choosing, I had horrible headaches and backaches. My mother took me to the chiropractor. He helped me, but he also told me that the dorm beds were probably not helping me any. So I moved out of the dorms the next year of school to the home where I met my husband. That bed probably wasn't any better, but after I got married, my husband and I slept on a futon for a few months. That really did me in. So four months after being married I told my husband no more! I could not deal with the back aches and the pains, so we went and got a mattress and a grown-up bed with a headboard and a foot board. It was nice to have it and my back felt better almost immediately. Then we moved and the awesome bed got taken apart. Kurtis put it back together wrong, and it broke. So when we moved to our home where we live now, I bought just a bed frame. Apparently, I bought a really bad one (but it was cheap!). The last month or so, my back started to hurt again. I told Mr. Kurtis that we should get a new mattress sometime. He said okay. Then I decide we should just do it with our tax return. Brilliant! So we went mattress shopping (as I said in a previous post). Wednesday, the mattress was delivered and the guy who delivered it asked me if it had been sagging in the middle. I told him it was. He told us it was because our bed frame had no middle bar to support the mattress. He also told me that if we didn't get one for the new mattress it would void the warranty. So I said we should get a new bed! We went to IKEA and got a new grown-up bed and two nightstands that matched. We've never had nightstands! So now we are grown-ups, even though sometimes, we really don't want to admit it. Now all I have to do is get used to there being a foot board there so the bruises on my thighs go away! Here it is in all it's glory:

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Tax returns rock! We used last year's return to purchase our very own version of the Grown Up Bed. And it makes me feel . . . well, grown up! Congrats on getting a little piece of "Hey! I'm not five anymore and I don't have to sleep on a mattress on top of food storage boxes!"