Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Weekend!

Happy President's Day! This weekend was a crazy one, that's for sure. Friday, Kurtis and I went to see the play Charley's Aunt out at Heritage Theater for Valentin's Day. We were celebrating a little early. The play was hilarious by the way! Those who missed it, well, you will live and life will go on, but you missed something wonderful. The kids were very excited because they got to have McDonald's happy meals for dinner. Kurtis and I hate McDonald's so it's extremely rare that we get anything there. Then we took the boys to my parents' house and let them play with Uncle Jeremy, Uncle Ben, Uncle Ryan and their grandparents. Apparently my parents have forgotten how to take care of kids. They told us not to feed them after 7:30 when we returned. Really? We had no idea! Anyway, they got a little wound up by their uncles, and grandma and grandpa let them have cookies, chocolate milk, and bananas. What did they expect? Well, the kids were probably just really excited to be there in the first place. They love Grandma's house. Kurtis and I were going to eat dinner after the play. I figured it would be about two hours. The play started at 7:40 (ten minutes late), and ended at 10:00. Well, my parents live in a small town. Everything was closed. So we picked up the kids and started to head back to our town. We would just go to a late night drive-thru on our way. No worries, we were leaving at 10:30, we should be home by 11. Then the snow storm picked up. We saw six or seven cars that had slid off the side of the road. One person had even hit a cop car. The back end was smashed up. So we got home a little after 11:30. We ate our dinner. I only had a small chicken wrap because I really don't like eating so late. I figure I might as well just go to bed and eat in the morning. Any way, Kurtis and I also decided to open our presents. From me, he got some xbox games I knew he wanted. Let me think, one is called Eternal Sonata and the other is Soul Calibur 4. He was way excited. He's such a little kid. He got me Deathcab for Cutie's Plans cd and Plain White T's All That We Needed. I was excited. It's always nice when your significant other remembers things that you said you wanted a long time ago. Seriously, for him to remember something like that is nothing short of a miracle.
Saturday I woke up and got ready to leave for play practice. I was about to leave and Kurtis peeked out the blinds to see what the dogs were barking at (there's never anything there!), and he found that it was snowing! Ahhhh! Driving in the snow terrifies me. So the roads sucked, but I made it there alive which is also a miracle because I saw two cars that has slid off the road while I was driving there. The closer I got to my destination, though, the better the roads got. That was nice. At practice, we learned the dance for "Be Our Guest". I really suck at dancing. Maybe it is a confidence issue. But I'm not going to gain confidence in my dancing if I continue to suck at it. We practiced and by the end of the day, I was getting the moves. I still need to work on one part, though.
The way home, was just as bad as the way there, only the opposite. On my way home, I saw about 5 or 6 cars on the side of the road. Some of them may have been witnesses. There was an ambulance and someone being loaded on a back board. I hope they are okay. That is not very fun. I've experienced that. Any way. Um, where was I? Oh, yes. So by the time I arrived home, the roads were much better. So going to practice roads sucked the closer I got to Heritage Theatre and coming home, the closer I was to Heritage Theatre, the worse the roads were. Crazy.
When I got home, we went on with our day which included going to lunch (a Valentine's Day treat for the whole family), the we went to Game Stop and got the kids the game they've been saving up their money to buy: Star Wars the Force Unleashed! They were so excited. Then on to the furniture store so Mom and Dad could get a new mattress! It's coming on Wednesday. I am so excited. No more back pain! (Hopefully.) We were going to go to see The Tale of Despereaux at the dollar theater, but we decided it was too late in the day by then. I had a lesson to prepare for church!
Sunday was Sunday. I taught my lesson to a bunch of 9 year olds who wouldn't be quiet. Not really sure if they learned much. And I sang in the choir. Yippee.
Today, the boys and I went to try and see The Tale of Despereaux at the dollar theater again, but they were sold out. After walking all the way to the theater, I didn't want to walk there just to come home, so I asked the boys if they wanted to see Bolt or Madagascar 2 instead. It took Riley some convincing, but he finally agreed to watch Bolt. It was a cute show. The kids really liked it. Except Kaleb wouldn't tell us if he liked it or not. He said he was keeping it a secret.
We don't know why, but Kaleb has another fever. His temperature is 101.8. That sucks. He didn't really eat lunch today. I made him eat a granola bar even though he told me he wasn't hungry. Then when we were waiting in line at the movie theater, he said his tummy hurt and his legs hurt. I thought he just needed to eat because he really does need to eat more. But he wouldn't eat any popcorn. He had some of the Mike'n Ikes, but I don't know. I'm just wondering if he has cancer because he keeps getting sick. Yeah. I know. A bit paranoid. But that's where my mind goes. At dinner, he ate half a hamburger. That's a good sign isn't it? I don't want to take him to the doctor because the doctor will just say oh, there's nothing wrong with him, and that little consultation will have cost me a $25 copay. I hate it when one (or more!) of them gets sick. So for now, we will just wait and see.

No comments: