Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snow Day!


At school? Yep! Today, I went to kindergarten with Riley and helped the teacher out with some stuff. Then after reading centers (or whatever they call them), all the kids got on their snow boots and pants and hats and gloves and went sledding! There is a hill on the school's property right next to the parking lot. It's very small, mind you, but the kids sure didn't care. They had a blast! Kaleb amused himself by throwing big chunks of slushy-ice snow at me. He thought it was hilarious. It was. Tuesday, when Riley and Kaleb were doing their Valentines for school, Riley told me he was going to marry Rachel. I don't remember what I said, but I really think it's cute when my boys tell me things like that. I love it. Anyway, I got to meet her today. She's very cute. He was even sharing his sled with her. It was fun to watch. Oh, you bet I took lots of pictures! Have fun!










When Kaleb and I got home, he wanted to have a snowball fight. So we did. He doesn't really understand the concept of a snowball fight yet. I threw snow at him and he forgot to throw snow back at me. Then, he wanted me to not throw snow at him while he threw snow at me. I told him I had to throw snowballs back if he was going to attack me! It was silly and lots of fun. Then he said he was cold. I asked him if he wanted to make a snow angel. He said he didn't know how. So I showed him. Then he said, "Do that again!" But I said, "No, you are cold." He said, "Yeah. I'm ready to go inside." So we did and had hot chocolate. But it wasn't really hot. Just right for him, not so much for me, but what can you do when you want to enjoy your kids while they're still little. Kaleb is good for me. He gets me to play with him. I loved running around being chased by him. He has the best laugh.

No comments: