Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I Want to Scream I Love You From the Top of My Lungs...


But I'm afraid that some one else will hear me!" (Fall Out Boy)
Today, I have been married for ten years. Ten! That just doesn't seem right! I'm not that old am I? Well, of course not. So I just wanted to reflect on the years so far. We got married in the Salt Lake temple on May 14, 1999. It was a beautiful day. There were tulips blooming all over the temple grounds. I was so excited. Kurtis was really, really excited. After months of fighting with my mother over pretty much every idea I had, the day finally arrived. It was a wonderful day, but honestly, we should have eloped. There was way too much attention focused on me that day.
Then practically two years later (almost to the day!), we had our first baby. Zachary Alan was born May 9, 2001. It's pretty much all a blur after that. Then Riley Asher came on October 13, 2002. Kaleb Mason joined our family two years after that on December 14, 2004. Craziness has ensued ever since.
In 2002, Kurtis's father passed away. In 2003, his grandfather and grandmother left us for a better place. In 2008, my grandfather passed on. I just knew that when he got to heaven, he said, "Well, I'm here. Where do you need me?" In 2006, we moved in with my parents to get out of debt and buy our own home. We were only there eight months. That's all they could take of us. So we bought our first home in 2007, and we've been here ever since. We love our little house with all our clutter and mess. Ten years. What fun we've had.
This morning I woke up and there was a heart taped to our bathroom mirror. It said, "I love you. I will love you forever." Then I went downstairs and found little hearts with other things written on them all over the place. One on my laptop, on dangling from a string on the wall at the top of the stairs, one on the cupboard where I would get my breakfast bowl, one hanging from the chandelier, and one on the stove. I feel so lucky to have a man who understands me and enjoys doing sweet things for me. He supports me. He'd do anything for me (except killing bees and wasps). I just want to say. I love you, Babe. You're the best! Happy Anniversary!

4 comments:

Emi-chi said...

Aww that's so cute! I've got to agree with you though, it doesn't seem like 10 years. I'm so happy for you though! Happy Anniversary! :)

Rach said...

I love your wedding picture! So cute. Congrats on 10 years!

sweetlissybug said...

Thanks guys. It was a nice day. Our wedding, and our anniversary. You guys rock!

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

hat tip.