Sunday, May 10, 2009

Isn't It Messed Up How I'm Just Dying to Be Here

I have had a really interesting weekend. Friday night was the play. It felt like a weird night even on my way to the theater. My energy was a little low. I felt like I was not loud enough, so I was doing my best to up my volume. Then the girl who plays my daughter puked. Poor thing. She was so wonderful. I had no idea she wasn't feeling well in Act One, scene three. Then she sucked it up and came back on for scene seven! She's amazing. But she comes out again in scene three of Act two. Friday night, she was too busy lying on the floor trying not to throw up. So we improvised. In scene 4, she's also supposed to come out and tell me my ex-husband doesn't really like his wife any more. So, that night, my mother told me instead. All I have to say is, wow! I can't believe we pulled it off. Then the woman who plays Sylvia (love her) told me if I got sick she'd come to my house and drag me to the theater because they can't do the show with out me. No, she didn't exactly say that. It was more like you better not get sick because we can't do the play with out you. Yeah, it's true. It would be hard.
Saturday was Zach's birthday! He is officially eight years old! I'm too young to have an eight year-old! But apparently I'm not. So because he is going to be baptized in June, I decided a family celebration was the way to go (party on June 6th!). Since I had the play in the evening, I asked Zach if he wanted to go to breakfast or lunch. He chose breakfast (not surprising if you know him), and we went to IHOP. We told his waitress it was his birthday, and they came out and sang to him. It was so cute. When he realized they were singing to him, he shrank down in his seat a little and leaned on his dad. After they left, he said, "That was a little embarrassing." But you know he loved it! Then later that day, he had a soccer game and took cupcakes (that I made!) to his teammates. That was pretty fun for them. I wouldn't really know, though. I was at Riley's soccer game that was at the same time. Riley got to play on the other soccer team because they were short a player. He thought it was great because they had green shirts. His favorite color is green. His team won, though.
The show went really, really well on Saturday night. Little Mary was feeling much better (yay!) and our audience was so awesome. We love it when they laugh at the funny parts and we can actually hear the laughter. You know what I mean? Some people are quiet chucklers and other are boisterous laughers. We love the loud ones. It's awesome. Positive feedback makes you want to be great. Oh, and apparently, it takes a village to make me look beautiful. Well, my hair at least. Edith always does my hair because I can't do my own and she's a miracle worker. But Saturday night, she was running late and so I had about three people doing my hair, too. Then another woman came and fixed the back where one section of hair was poking out. Geesh! You'd think I was something special. They're all so marvelous to me. I don't deserve it. The funnest thing (yeah, I know it isn't proper grammar) is in scene four of act one, sometimes, my dress gets put on backwards. It's hilarious! It's only happened twice, but after that, I go tell off my husband's mistress. I just think it's a little funny that my dress isn't on right and I'm telling her my husband isn't in love with her. Irony or something.
Today is the greatest holiday ever invented. Mother's Day! My children were little angels the entire day. They never fought with each other, and when they had a conflict, they just said, "It's mother's day, I need to talk about this quietly with my brother and work it out." They were so well behaved during church, too. It was like I was dreaming. Oh, wait, I was. It was just another day to them. The kids still fought all day, still wanted to leave church in the middle of the second speaker (we had 3 today - kind of weird, and no musical number or rest hymn). I wanted to look pretty, so I put my hair in hot rollers to curl my hair. Then I came down to put dinner in the crock pot. I guess I didn't put it all the way on the counter because I turned away and it fell off the counter and broke into a million pieces. Sadness engulfed me. I really wanted to have my chicken tortilla soup for dinner tonight. Alas. It was chicken burgers instead. Just as yummy, but not as at the same time. Sigh. After we cleaned up, I opened my presents. Riley made me a washcloth in his kindergarten class with his hand prints on it, and Zach made me a card and an exfoliating foot scrub in his class. He said it was vanilla scented. He told me he thought pink was one of my favorite colors. That's not right. Red is my favorite color. Red and black and green. I do like pink, though. Any way, Kurtis got me a crafty crimper that makes the paper look like it is embossed with bubbles. I love it (how did he know!?), the new Keane cd and a chocolate bar. You can't go wrong with chocolate! Well, milk chocolate any way. I don't like dark chocolate. Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there, and not to you potential mothers. Geesh. Just because you might be a mother some day does not mean you get to celebrate this day! :)
It's time for my shameless plug of the week! Come see my play! All the information you need is on the Heritage Theater's website (click the colored words to go to it), but you'd better come Monday, Friday, or Saturday of this week because May 16th is our closing night! (Chanting) Come! Come! Come! It's so much fun!
And now, to make you forget completely (because we all have ADD), here are the pictures I took at IHOP! Enjoy!


In the booth at IHOP!


Mommy and Kaleb on the other side!


The balloon lady came by and Zach and Riley both asked for chiuauas.


And of course, Kaleb got a blue sword!


Of course, they had to do the old rub the balloon on your head and stick it to the wall trick!


I love this picture! It's just sooo him!

Don't forget! Heritage Theater's website There's a picture of me on there! I know! I'm shameless!

No comments: