Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Let the Flames Begin!

Last night, I went to the No Doubt concert. I went because Paramore was playing with them. I absolutely love Paramore, but now, I am realizing that I had forgotten how much I really love No Doubt! The Sounds opened for the other acts. I had never heard of them before, but I really liked them. They rocked the house! I am putting a song or two on my play list by them, but I think they sounded better live. Which is quite the compliment. I usually don't like live music. At least, I don't like listening to live music on CD. I'd rather just listen to the song and not all the yelling.
Anyway, The Sounds opened and they totally rock. Then came Paramore! Oh, I was so excited to see her live! Hayley is this the lead singer and she has this bright red hair. And she flips her head all around and rocks out all over and her hair just looks like flames. It's so cool. They chose a good back drop for their stage too. It was greenish, so it really mad her hair stand out. I loved it.
Then No Doubt took the stage. What a show! Their set was all white, space agey and looked like a spaceship. They came out all dressed in white. It all looked so crisp and clean. They had two jumbo screens to watch Gwen singing all her songs, and the band members rocking out. And behind them was a giant screen where they projected videos of their songs and other pictures to go with the music. We also got to sing "Happy Birthday" to her little boy! Such a fun night! It was so awesome!
After the show, my friend and I were getting our purses out of the trunk of my car. I got out my purse and shut the trunk. Oh, crap! I shut my keys in the trunk! I was so embarrassed. Luckily, the place was swarming with cops. So we went and asked one to help us. He said to go wait by our car. As we were walking back, I said he was a sexy cop. Nicole said, "So you noticed?" Um, yeah. I'm not dead. Any way, we were standing there watching him try to unlock the car with the jimmy stick (I don't really know what it's called, that just sounds good to me) that you slide between the window and the door, he turns his cute little butt towards us. I had to hit my friend. Nicole! She's so funny. "You saw that, huh?" She was checking out his butt! It was all fun. No worries, Love. ;) Any way, he had to get the balloon thingy and blow it up and work it through the top of the door and unlock it that way. He was really nice. Very embarrassing, but he just shrugged. Happens all the time, right?

1 comment:

Jarret M. Sharp, Ed. D. said...

Gwen...need I say more?

I saw them open for Bush some years ago - hate to date myself, but its true. They know how to show.

I think that stick thingy is a slim jim, but glad you got your keys back and had fun doing it.