Monday, August 10, 2009

14

School starts in two weeks! Fourteen days (yes, I am counting)! I am not doing the happy dance, yet, though. We'll save that for when they are gone. He he. We're ready. We have their new backpacks. Riley got a brand new lunch box that matches his backpack *cough* lame - like this post *cough*. I bought a bunch of crayons, markers and colored pencils for their school projects. So now, we are practicing getting ready for school in order to leave on time. So far, each mission has resulted in failure. The punks. They will be walking. I will not be walking with them. They are big boys and don't need their mom to walk them to school. It's so nice. Then, it will be just me and Kaleb. I am going to love shopping with only one kid. It's the best. Well, no. The best would be if I had zero kids with me while I was shopping! Especially since Riley hates shopping and will be the most obnoxious kid in the store just so we will leave. Yeah. It sucks, and we've caught on. We have our ways of making him behave. He he he! We are bored and just can't wait. I am any way.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

We've been in school for two weeks (we get year round out here) and sending the boys out the door to walk to school has been bliss. Let me repeat that: bliss. I can get them their breakfast in my jammies and then have a leisurely breakfast of my own before heading to the store with only one child, the one I can still strap into the cart. Then I have until four o'clock before the other two come back. I'll say it again, bliss!