Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sometimes People Just Make You Crazy

I am in a choir. We sing beautiful songs written by our director. There are many of us who come from different places in our lives. Yesterday, I posted on my facebook page that I wished Kaleb would get dressed, and thought nothing more of it. Most people don't leave me comments. One of my friends from the choir posted, "Maybe his mom should help?" I love this guy dearly. He's a great person. But clearly, he has no children of his own and has not taken a child development class recently. There were many thoughts that ran through my head. For instance, "He's almost five freaking years old! If he can't dress himself by now, I have failed him as a mother!" Or "Yeah, I could go in there and rip all his clothes of him for him, but what would that feel like? I wouldn't want any one ripping my clothes off me." Well...Yeah, okay, you know what I mean. Any way. Another response could have been, "He's not a baby any more. He's a big boy. He can do it himself." My personal favorite was, "Gee, I hope you are planning on taking a child development class before you and your cute wife have kids!" As sarcastic as I am, I did not say any of those things to him. He obviously has no kids of his own and just needed a little pat on the head. I replied with, "That would be counter productive." Thank you. Thank you. Bow. Curtsy. Yes, I can be civil once in awhile. :)

2 comments:

Us said...

so funny. i noticed that. i totally felt your pain. justis is 7 and he has a hard time getting himself dressed. (at least in a decent amount of time) he dawdles and goofs off all the while being in either in his undies or his birthday suit. all im saying is i feel you girl.

Rach said...

It helps with being civil when the people aren't actually in your face, and you have time to think of a calm, reasonable response. Yours was great. Right now my 5-year-old is walking around the house completely naked, even though I told him it wasn't time for a bath, yet. Hmmm.