Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Must Be In a Mood Today

I just saw an ad on my facebook page.  You know, the ones along the side.  It said, "Obama says get a degree."  My immediate thoughts were, "Obama doesn't get to tell me what to do."  Then I was thinking about how when I was a kid, I thought adults could do whatever they wanted.  I was always being told, "No!  Don't do that!", or "No, you can't have that."  I figured when I was an adult, I would be able to do whatever I wanted.  Unfortunately, this is not the case.  Now that we are grown-ups, we realize this fact.  But I worry that my kids think adults get to do whatever they want.  We have a rule (for the kids only) that there is no food or drink outside of the kitchen.  But Mr. Jones and I can take our food and drinks where ever we want to.  Double standard? Maybe.  Or maybe it's an example of adults getting to do whatever they want.  To those of you who have kids, the reason for the rule is obvious:  Kids + Food or Drinks = Mess.  That means that the floor you just mopped, will automatically have another spill on it as soon as it dries.  I'm serious.  This happened to me so much I wondered why I mopped the floor at all, and I handed the duty over to my 8 year-old.  He really sucks at it, but it's better than the floor only being mopped on special occasions.  He also does toilets because I was tired of the poor aim my three boys seem to have.  Hey!  I didn't make that mess, why should I clean it up?  So here is my master plan:  Soon, I will have pawned all my chores onto my sons and I will be able to do whatever I want.  Ha ha ha!  Evil and sinsiter laugh.  It's my right as their mother.  Children need to get used to working because they will be doing it for the rest of their lives! More evil laughter.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

Ahh! A woman after my own heart! The minute we had two bathrooms so I didn't have to share with them, I made my boys clean their own bathroom. I have to say that the aim has a tendency to get better when they are the ones cleaning up the mess. Giving them chores is definitely nice for me!

Nikki said...

I can relate! Mopping is not on my top 5 of chores to do.

Michele said...

So you do get to do whatever you want :)