Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some Things Just Seem to Go In One Ear and Out the Other

You gotta love Utah.  It's gorgeous here.  But the seasons don't gradually change here.  Yesterday, the high was 83 degrees.  It was beautiful and the sun was shining.  It was windy, though (it felt really nice).  A sign of what was coming I suppose.  Today, it's 43 degrees.  That's a 40 degree drop in one day!  It's supposed to get up to 48 degrees, but don't hold your breath.  And, it's been raining pretty much all day.  At one point, it hailed!  I just wanted nice, cool weather for a spell before the snow.  It's crazy.  But what I really want to know is why boys don't want to wear coats.  I told Zach and Riley that it would be cold today and they needed to put away their shorts.  I helped them get out their pants and find long-sleeve shirts.  Then I said, you should probably wear your coat today, too.  Apparently, they didn't listen.  When they got home, Zach said, "I didn't think it was going to be that cold."  Kaleb and I went to visit a friend this morning.  I said, "Do you want your coat?  It's cold out there."  He said he just wanted his jacket.  He's smarter than his brothers, but not smart enough.  Before we were even passing the next door neighbor's he said, "I'm cold."  Of course, as a mom, my favorite phrase is,"I told you so."  Lucky me, I got to say it to all of my children today.

P.S. If anyone knows where they moved spell check to on this thing, please let me know.  I really miss it.

2 comments:

Us said...

so funny. i saw your boys tonight all walking across MH they looked so cute. anyway here is the website of the girl that did our family pics. she is awesome. our pictures dont give her enough credit. www.vanessamillicamphotography.com

Michele said...

Ha ha ha. I love it! We have the same weather here. It was 80's one week now 40's lately and I have been asking Brian to get the coats out of the crawl space, but HE says it isn't that cold yet. I did convince him to at least get out the hats and gloves for me because he loves me. Have a nice day :)