Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Foliage and Dinosaurs

I know it's the middle of the week and I should have posted this Monday, but I've been busy.  I had to do the laundry, fold it, and go to an audition on Monday (not to mention make dinner and all the other stuff I do all day).  Then Tuesday, my mom came over and helped clean my playroom and get rid of some stuff so we can turn it into Kaleb's room.  I want to paint it because the walls are cream in that room (boring).  When I asked what color he wanted his room to be, he said, "Colorful!"  To me that means rainbows.  Yikes.  I think we will just have to go to the paint store and let him look at colors.  Then his brothers will be all like, "why can't we have our rooms painted too?"  Babies. 
Any way.  I wanted to show off what we did this weekend.  Because of UEA, Zach didn't have a soccer game, so we decided we needed to go do something together.  Since Sunday was Conference for the LDS church, Kurtis and I played World of Warcraft the whole day while listening to the prophet speak.  It was a good day, too, but most people would find that particularly boring, so I'm just going to let you know about our day on Saturday.  Yippee for you! :)
Saturday, we listened to the morning session of Conference (until we had to go run errands).  They announced that they are going to build a temple in Brigham City, UT!  That's where I grew up since I was four years old.  That's pretty exciting.  My mom told me my brother, who just turned 18, said, "Wow, a temple!  This is more exciting than when we got a Wal*Mart!"  There's not much to do in Brigham City.  That's all I'm gonna say.
So after that, we went and got rid of our cable, looked for pants for Zach, and went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden Canyon.  We took a picnic lunch.  Riley told me we weren't having a "real" picnic because we were sitting at a picnic table and not sitting on a blanket in the grass.  The kids had a lot of fun playing on the playground and looking at the dinasaur replicas.  I was just excited to be able to leave the house.  We went up the canyon afterwards and looked at the leaves that are changing colors.  It was so pretty there.  Here's some pictures that I took.  Some of them are blurry because I have started to shake a little.  I joke, and say I am getting Parkinson's.  My grandpa has it. Maybe it's just carpel tunnel syndrom, though.  I do sit at the computer a lot.




At the Dinosaur Park, you can excavate for dinosaur bones.










Run!  He's going to eat us!


Zach and Riley pretending to be dead while Kaleb hides from the dinosaur that ate them.


Ogden Canyon, UT


The edge of Pineview Reservoir




Coming back down the canyon, I saw this beautiful sight and told Mr. Jones to take a picture. 
Not bad from the car window.

2 comments:

Emi-chi said...

I'm so jealous... I want to go to Dinosaur Park!

Michele said...

I miss you and Utah, plus what Emily said.