Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkins Scream In the Dead of Night!




I can't believe Halloween is almost here!  I am so excited!  It's the best holiday ever!  Last night, for family night, we carved pumpkins!  Thanks to my dad and his awesome gardening skills, we have pumkins this year!  We put on spooky music, and let our creative minds go to work!  The kids and Mr. Jones designed their pumpkins on paper first, but  not me, I prefer to freestyle on the pumpkin itself.  I live dangerously that way.  Kaleb made a Jack Skellington face on his (Dad drew the face on the pumpkin; Riley helped him with the design on paper), Riley went with a traditional pumpkin face, Kurtis did one with cat eyes, and Zach put  eyeballs all over his pumpkin.  He drew them on all over the pumpkin, but Kurtis wouldn't cut all of them out.   Mine is a cat silhouetted on the moon.  What can I say, I'm an artist.  We all are!  Ha ha ha!






See all the eyes on Zach's?


Riley's masterpiece.  It has pumpkin seeds stuck in the mouth because he wants it to be puking.


Kaleb's Jack Skellington


Zach's pumpkin is watching you!


I think Mr. Jones' pumpkin is excellent!  So fun!


Ta-da!  Here's my kitty!


Here they all are in the light.  I think they rock!

2 comments:

Us said...

crafty. we painted ours and called it good. love the kitty. you are an artist!

Wendy said...

Love them all!