Saturday, October 31, 2009

"Tender Lumplings Everywhere, Life's No Fun Without a Good Scare!"



Today is the greatest holiday ever invented!  I love Halloween!  Today, Riley and I went on a date!  We stopped by my bestest friend Nicole's house to let her borrow some Halloween costumes and then went to lunch.  After that, we went and saw "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" in 3D.  I must say, 3D is really, really cool.  I thought the story was pretty cute too.  Cute movie.  Riley really enjoyed it (he's 7).  Then we came home, had dinner, and he and his brothers got ready for trick or treating!  Kaleb is Commander Rex (a stormtrooper), Riley is "the Gatekeeper" (spooky!), and Zachary is a knight warrior.  Dad took them trick or treating, and I got to stay home and pass out the candy.  I love seeing all the cute costumes kids have come up with, and I love, love, love it when the parents dress up too!  I am a witch!  But a nice one, because Halloween makes me too giddy to be evil.  Ha ha ha!  I love putting on the scary music for the trick or treaters too!  So much fun!  Next year will be really fun, too because I will go trick or treating with the kids.  Kurtis thinks Zach and Riley are old enough to go by themselves.  The protective mother in me said, I'm not so sure.  But Kurtis will do what he wants.  They are still out (of course), and I am having a lag in the trick or treaters at the moment, so I have decided to post pictures of the boys for you.  (Doorbell chimes) Oh, my who could that be, but my little ones!  Kaleb is tired and needs to stop, but apparently the other three are heading back out!  :D  Happy Halloween, to all, and to all a good night!





Kaleb's mask smashed up against his nose, but he said he wanted it that way when I tried to adjust it.  Silly kid!





Riley lost a shoulder pad during the night's excursions.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Halloween! You guys look awesome! I LOVE your pumpkins in the last blog. Halloween is great!

abby said...

such cute, i mean, studly boys! but the real question is: what's a tender lumpling? ew.

Wendy said...

What great costumes!!!