Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mom? Oh, You're Not On the Phone? It Can Wait.

I have a rule in my home which is all too frequently broken:  When I am on the phone, no one is allowed to speak to me untill I am off the phone.  The kids don't care.  Riley came to me today and asked, "What happens if you kill yourself?"  I was shocked, well, okay, not shocked, but more like "Where did that come from?".  Luckily, I was on the phone with Mr. Jones - he's patient.  My reply was, "What? You die."  With wide eyes, he responds excitedly, "And you don't go to jail?"  "No,"  I answered, rather flustered and wanting to end our conversation because I was on the phone.  Then he says, "Because you are already dead?"  "Yes."  "Because you can't go to jail if you are dead!"  It was pretty random.  I suppose his logic is if you kill someone, you go to jail.  Then it wandered to, but what if you kill yourself?  I'm lucky.  He's not afraid to ask me stuff.  I just wish he would wait until I've hung up the phone.