Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Til You Wobble!

For Thanksgiving, I thought I would ask my kids what they are grateful for.  I found Kaleb first.  He said, "I'm thankful for my family."  When I asked him why, he replied, "Because I love my family.  I love my family too much!"  I asked him if there was anything else he was thankful for.  He said, "And I'm thankful for the food, and I'm thankful for the dentist." "Why are you thankful for the dentist?" I asked with raised eyebrows.  "Because I like the dentist.  He gives me toothbrushes, and toothbrushes are good."
Then it was Riley's turn.  He said, "I am thankful for the holidays."  Then he went and got a picture book he made at school and read it to me.  "I am thankful for cool, crisp, green grass.  I am thankful for brown earth.  I am thankful for swishy, wavy, blue water.  I am thankful for prickly pinecones.  I am thankful for green trees.  I am thankful for rocky, beautiful, purple mountains.  I am thankful for the shiney, yellow sun.  I am thankful for the pretty blue sky."  Then I asked him if he wanted to come up with his own ideas.  He said, "For our family.  I'm thankful for the world, I'm thankful for Jesus, I'm thankful for my mom and dad and brothers and sisters."  To which I replied, "Sisters?  You don't have any sisters!" I laughed.  He replied, "But other people do."  "But you don't."  "Brothers!  I'm thankful for my brothers!"
Then Zach said simply, "I'm thankful for my family and everything I have."  I asked him if he would like to elaborate, and he said, "No.  What else is there to say if I say I am grateful for everything I have?"
Word.
We went to my grandma's for Thanksgiving this year.  I was asked to bring some pie.  I made a cheesecake and put blackberries on the top.  So yummy!  I also made a chocolate stawberry pie.  Divine!  And I also made a vanilla pumpkin pie.  I don't like pumpkin pie, so I thought maybe I would like this one.  Nope. Not so much.  Kurtis liked it though, and the other people who actually like pumpkin pie.  Some of my aunts and uncles and cousins also came.  It was fun.  I missed those who weren't there.  My dad went to Colorado to help his parents and be with them  Grandpa Sharp is getting old.  He is old I suppose.  It makes me feel sad.  Michael (my brother) is in Washington DC going to gradschool.  He told me he would be with a classmate, and then studying and writing papers.  Hopefully he will make it for Christmas. Michele and her family.  They came in June for Zach's baptism, though.  That was fun.  Other aunts and uncles and cousins who live out of state and/or had other places to go this time around.  I love my family. 
I am grateful for a husband who loves me so much he will warm up my side of the bed when he's waiting for me to get in it.  I am grateful for our home, our freedom, our livelyhood (even though it's been turned on its head a little bit), technology, and my religion.  I am grateful for music, and acting, and that I get to sing and act as much as possible.  It's just who I am.  Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope it was wonderful!
Here are some picture of our festivities so Michele and Michael and Dad will know what the missed and feel sad they weren't there. :D  People.  If you don't know I'm kidding by now. You shouldn't be reading my blog.

Ben tried to take a nap under the table, but we kicked him instead.


Left to Right:  No, let's go Right to Left:  My cousin, Travis, his mom Aunt Kim, Uncle Danny, Uncle Steve, and an old mission companion of Travis's who tagged along for the fun of it.  He's nice.  We'll take him.


Emily kept hiding from the camera. Punk!


Aunt Junko and Uncle Danny.  Spencer and Jason (cousins) wouldn't get in the picture.



Rodney and Ben jam to guitar hero and Kurtis sleeps on the bean bag before the festivities begin.  If Kurtis isn't asleep - it's not a good party.



My grandma.  Getting ready to sample some pies.  Mmmmm! (The pies!  Not my grandmother, you weirdos!)



My mom converses with her brother, Uncle David.


My cousins, Sara and Andrew listen to music while Ryan reads.


1 comment:

Michele said...

It looks like you guys had a good time. :) Your kids are cute- I like that you wrote what they are thankful for.