Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Luckily For Me, I Can Watch It Online

I was hoping that the fact that we got rid of tv would help my children become more creative and play outside more.  You know, be more active, use their imaginations (I know, a word that doesn't seem to be in their volcabulary).  [And no, we didn't get rid of tv because suddenly we think it's evil and there's nothing but trash on, and all that crap (Yeah, I said it.  That's crap).  Geesh, people.  I'm an actress with dreams of being on tv someday!  We got rid of tv for one simple reason.  Kurtis got a pay cut at work, so something had to give.  Sigh.  I miss FitTv.]  Any way, but no.  Zach's friends came over today, and because I told them they couldn't play computer games with their friends, he said he didn't want to play with them.  I told him too bad.  Then he expects me to tell them what to play.  Kaleb and his friends were having fun playing, so I pointed out that he could join them.  The three of them decided to take their game outside, and Zach just sat there, moping.  I just told him to go play outside with his friends.  Thank goodness he went running, or I would have probably yelled at him, or said something in anger that I didn't really mean.  Sigh. 
Thank you for listening to my frustrated rant.  I feel better.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

abby said...

i wish i had the guts to get rid of tv. it is a huge crutch for me with my kids. but i might kill them if i didn't have it!

Us said...

let them dig a hole somewhere in the yard. j and his friends loved that during the summer. they got pretty darn good at it too :)

Wendy said...

We've been without TV for a year and a half (and it is because we ARE freaks) and my kids still struggle with what to do and want me to organize their playtime. It has been a good change for our family, even if it was hard at first and we all have little pangs of sorrow over it from time to time. I guess I am just saying that we know your pain and are here to say it does get easier/better.