Monday, February 14, 2011

Just Spreading the Love!

I love Valentine's Day!  I just don't see how a day set aside to tell people you love them could ever be bad.  I can understand how some might feel lonely if they don't have a boyfriend or a girlfriend on this day, but really?  There are so many other people in your life that you love.  Tell your best friend how awesome they are.  Let your nieces and nephews bask in the awesomeness that is you!  Visit a nursing home and give valentines to the elderly there.  There is so much love to spread around.  Life is amazing.
Kurtis and I decided to celebrate Valentine's day on Saturday.  He also thought that many other people would feel the same way we did, and wanted to be ahead of the crowd.  I told him he was probably wrong, but it was fine.  I just wanted to spend time with him by myself.  I was teasing him earlier in the week and told him he had to plan our date (that part I wasn't teasing about), and that it had better be epic (that part, I was).  He felt a little bit of pressure, though, even though I really didn't intend it.
He took me miniature golfing at our fun center.  We've been married for almost 12 years, now, and have never done that.  Kurtis said that where he grew up, that was pretty much all there was to do, so he though that I would think it was lame.  I grew up in a town where there was nothing to do but hang out in your friends' basements and listen to music.  Seriously.  Once in awhile, there would be a school dance or a church sponsored dance, but that was it.  Yay.  There's more to do for the kids now, though.  They have a Wal*Mart, now.  But I don't see myself ever living there again on purpose.  I have to add the "on purpose" or someday, I may have to eat my words.  That happens to me way too much.
After miniature golfing, Kurtis took me to Thia Pan, and I got some Valentine's decorations.  I really don't have any, and have been wanting some for about 12 years. He he he.  I wasn't really all that excited about the selection, but I got a wreath and some heart-shaped boxes that were cute.  I put them up.  I will have to take them down soon, but I will just use them next year, so it's not that big a deal to me.
When we were done at Thia Pan, we opened our presents to each other.  I got him the Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits cd.  He told me once he wondered if they had one.  I found it.  I'm awesome.  He got me a couple of books I've been wanting to read.  It was actually perfect because every time I would walk by them in the store, I would look at them longingly, and talk myself out of buying them.  Next time, I would say.  Next time.  Yep, Mom.  Sometimes, I actually do show restraint when shopping.  Amazing, I know!
By this time, it was 4:00 in the afternoon, and he took me to dinner.  I said, "Awesome.  We're old people."  He laughed.  I wasn't all that hungry but ate anyway.  I'm not used to eating until 6 or later.  But we went to my favorite restaurant.  Boston's.  I really like the pizza there.  I've ordered other things, but most of the time, when I go, I order the Florentine pizza.  That time I got it heart-shaped.  It was so cute.
After that, we went back home, and took the kids dinner.  Then we left again, and went to see Just Go With It.  That new Adam Sandler movie.  We really liked it.  It was really funny.  We got home around 9, and put the kids to bed.  It was such a fun day!  I got to spend half of it with my sweetheart.  What more could a girl ask for, right?  The kids amazingly, got their chores done before we left, too, so it really was a perfect day.
I hope your Valentine's Day is equally amazing, and filled with love and happiness.
 Check out my husband's photography skills!  My ball is still spinning in the hole!

 Yeah, I've got me some miniature golfing skillz!

 He's so cute.

 Yep.  We're a super good looking couple! :D

 Of course I chose the course with the Pirate ship!

Don't let Kurtis' score keeping deceive you.  He won.  He just thinks I am number one until he starts writing the scores down! :D

Just throwing this in here for all you Strongbad fans.  Zachary's Valentines box.  It was Kurtis' idea, but he really liked it, so last minute (last night) Zach and I put this little number together!

This is Trogdor the Burninator.  Check out the video below.  It's funny, and explains where Trogdor came from.  Zach came home, and proclaimed that nobody knew who he was.  I must spread the word. :)


2 comments:

Michele said...

mini golf is fun. it looks sunny there. we are having a storm. nice video. did you draw the wrapping paper for zachs box or print it off or ...?

sweetlissybug said...

We found a picture of Trogdor on the internet, and then went into our office program, and I printed like 6 pages off, and wrapped it up in that like wrapping paper. If you look at the picture close enough, you can see the tape. I used mailing tape because we reused the box from last year (remember the frog one), and it is pretty trashed, so I figured we won't be using it again, and it won't matter if it looks a little crappy. Next year, we will have to find a new shoe box. :)