Monday, August 25, 2014

In Which We Do Something We've Never Done Before (A Few Things Actually)

The kids started school today.  It's a really good thing because their nit-picking at each other was beginning to get to me.  It can cause me great anxiety.  Last night, a cold descended upon me like a mist slowly enveloping the woods in a Twilight movie.  So I was not surprised when I woke up this morning with a sore throat and runny nose.  After the kids left, I went back to bed.  Then at noon, I realized Riley and Kaleb have early out and I should probably get dressed.  I really wish I had just stayed in bed today.  Being sick is no fun, and I had a headache all day long.
A few weeks ago, Kurtis found a recipe for a chocolate souffle.  And tonight he wanted to make them for Family Home Evening.  So we did. I took some Advil and put my big girl panties on.  I told Kurtis I would preheat the oven and watch, but I ended up doing more than that.  Pain killers are pretty nice.
I've never made a souffle before and this recipe was actually pretty easy.  Maybe it was because all I really did was stir the chocolate and cream.  We worked together.  Well, Kurtis and I did as the kids kept leaving the room and Kurtis would yell at them that if they didn't stay in the kitchen they wouldn't get any souffle.  Hee hee.  What fun.
But guess what!  They turned out and they tasted pretty good.  Jones family for the win!
Aaaand now it's picture time!

 He's got the Jr. High thing down.  Well, he really didn't at the end of last year and paid for it this summer, so hopefully he's learned his lesson and will do something about it.
His last year of elementary.  Whaaaaaat?

 Soon he will be my lone child in the see of elementary school kids.  Le sigh.

 My babies are growing up, you guys!


 Here they are baking.  Almost ready to come out of the oven.

 Riley called me "Souffle Girl" (it's a Doctor Who reference).

 We almost forgot the powdered sugar!

Here's mine.  We dipped our cookies in them.  It was delicious!

I Instagrammed Riley's because his looked like Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas.
Pretty epic.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Looks super tasty! :-)