Friday, July 17, 2009

Amusement Parks + 92 Degree Weather = Nausea

Yesterday, I went to the amazing amusement park in my local area. Sometimes it's hard to write a blog and keep from telling people where you live. Yeah. That's the reason I didn't just say LAGOON! Any way, it was Stake Lagoon Day, so I went with my bestest friend Nicole and we had a blast! We rode the Colossus and Wicked (which is totally way fun even though it didn't look very fun). We were hot, so we went on the Cliffhanger. We didn't get wet enough, so we went again (on the front row this time!). Then lunch and a show, then the Tidal Wave (which does not get you wet - weird, I know), the Samurai and the Rocket. We were super hot again so we went on Rattle Snake Rapids, and I got soaked. My underwear is blue now because of my blue jeans. Then dinner, and the Spider. Then we played the game where you shoot water at a target. We played 4 times (I think) and I won every time. I won myself a red dragon and Nicole a blue dragon. Happy day! My boys commandeered the dragon as soon as I got home. But I don't mind sharing as long as they remember that it's really MINE! Then I was done. I think Nicole could have kept going, but I was spent. We went last year too. Last year, I lasted longer. We got there at about 11 and left at 8 just like last year, but I'm pretty sure last year it wasn't as hot, and I'm also pretty sure that this year, I was suffering from heat exhaustion. Yesterday it was 92 degrees. To me, some one who pretty much spends the summer in the nice air conditioning of my home, that is hot! And I suppose I didn't drink enough. Kurtis figured out that I needed to drink nine 20 ounce bottles of water to stay hydrated. Nine is freakin a lot. But I kept getting nauseous and dizzy on all the rides after lunch. Even that one that goes really slow and takes you from one end of the park to the other! Nicole kept asking me if I am pregnant. I AM NOT PREGNANT! So I suppose Kurtis was right. I went to see my friend's show that he is performing in after lunch too. He's very funny and entertaining. He kept winking at me. Which was hilarious because my Relief Society president was in the audience too. After the show she asked if I knew him because she noticed all his attentions were on me. Nicole pretended to be jealous. Which I think is funny. So yeah. Lagoon is fun. The churros are good. Go on stake lagoon day because it's way cheaper. And if you go, go see Broadway Corner it's only 25 minutes. My friend is BJ. It's playing at the Carousel Theater.

See, they love my dragon so much, they are taking turns sleeping with it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that dude really bugs me