Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kiss and Tell

I have a confession to make. I really haven't kissed a lot of guys in my lifetime. I had a boyfriend when I was 16. We kissed. Then, the next guy I kissed was Mr. Jones. Oh, and that five-year-old, cute little kid kiss with the neighbor boy up the street who doesn't even remember it. No one else - until last night. I am in a play called The Kiss a short play by Alex Broun. It's about a guy who notices a couple kissing in front of him at a cafe. He asks them to stop and when they ask him what the big deal is, he goes off on a tangent. It's a very funny little play. (Caution! Shameless plug ahead!) We will be performing this at the Midvale Performing Arts Building on August 14th and 15th at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors/students/children 6 and up/Military. Children 5 and under are free and 20% of ticket sales will be donated to the charity Homes for Our Troops. We are having a night of short plays. I'm only in The Kiss, as I am replacing someone who had work conflicts. Also playing that night will be Dido and Aeneas, A Matter of Husbands, and one or two other short plays that I can't remember the names of. They aren't on the poster. If you'd like to reserve your tickets, send an email to unipac150@gmail.com or call (801) 566-3426. Come and see me!
So the character I play is Angela. She and her boyfriend are the kissing couple. It makes me laugh to think that I am playing this role. Simply because I am not a fan of full on pda. I'll kiss Mr. Jones good bye or hug him, hold his hands, but I don't want to make out in front of other people. It makes them uncomfortable, and I am a nice person. Sometimes too nice. Ask around. It's true.
Any way. This role is kind of ironic.
The guy (no, I can't remember his name. I think it's Colby or something.) is 10 years yonger than me (apparently I don't look 30) and he's trying to stop smoking. I could smell it, faintly, but it was there, on him. After an hour, I was naucious. That's why I wanted ice cream when I got home. I just hope he keeps that nicotine patch on and that it works. Kissing Kurtis is so much better!
Here's some more of my randomness: Kurtis doesn't want me to get a tatoo, either. But then I told him I wanted it somewhere only he would be able to see it and he seemed intrigued. Sometimes, I just can't figure him out. I guess that's why we're still such a great team.

2 comments:

abby said...

i am the same way- only really kissed two boys. i think it's a good way to be. :)

i'm horribly behind on blogging and emailing so i'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you but a get-together sounds fun! we may be going to grandma and grandpa's next weekend or the one after. once we figure it out i'll let you know and we can try to plan something.

sweetlissybug said...

Sounds great!