Sunday, July 12, 2009

30 Is So Awesome!

Why did the bee get married?

Because he found his honey!

Kaleb told me that joke on our way home from church today. Kurtis teaches the eleven and twelve year-olds in primary, and I teach the nine and ten year-olds. Big deal. Yeah. I know, but I'm going some where with this. So today, my class did sharing time while Kurtis stayed home with Kaleb who has the chicken pox. Then we switched. I went home and Kurtis is teaching his class. Yippee! Apparently, kids can get chicken pox from the chicken pox vaccine. Yep. That little white paper that they give you tells you your kid has a one in 25 chance of getting it. Kaleb was that one. Lucky him. So I told my friend about it when we discovered it on Wednesday. She said it happened to her eight year-old. But back then, the doctors were stupid. She called the doctor and the doctor said that it wasn't possible for him to get the chicken pox from the vaccine. She took him in and the doctor said, oh, yeah. It is the chicken pox. Stupid. Why don't doctors listen to the kids' mothers? That is all I am going to say about that because those who know me, know I have a whole lot more to say.
There are two good things about summer: My birthday and the night.
Friday was my birthday. I turned 30. On Thursday, Zachary's friend Morgan (yes, he is a boy) took him to his grandma's condo in the canyon and he spend three days there partying and swimming and having a ton of fun. Lucky. So on Friday, my bestest friend Nicole took Riley and Kaleb (yes, even though she knew he had the chicken pox) and they spent the night at her house. Kurtis and I had no kids for one night! Best birthday ever!
So we went to Chili's for dinner. I told Kurtis I either wanted to go to Chili's or Cafe Rio because I was in the mood for Taco Time, but I knew he would want to go somewhere nicer. What? I like Taco Time. Kurtis chose Chili's because he wasn't in the mood for Mexican and they have both kinds of stuff. After that, we went to see The Proposal. I swear, that is the funniest movie I have seen all year. Go see it. Trust me, you will laugh your butt off. We had an hour between dinner and the movie, though so we went to Barns and Noble and browsed. I got two Jane Austen books and a book of scenes and monologues. I figure I should get off my butt and prepare a monologue. I hate monologues. I'm better at playing off other people. After the movie, we drove around looking for a place to park. I don't know any good places where we live, so we went home and watched Primeval. Love that show!
Saturday, I had an audition, picked up the kids from Nicoles, went to Zach's friend's baptism (Zach got home Saturday), and then partied some more with my girlfriends! We went to Roosters for dinner. I'd never been there, but holy heck, yum. Then we went and saw My Sister's Keeper. We were also celebrating another birthday and she picked the movie. I so would not have picked that movie. Because that movie is so sad. I counted my tissues when I was done. There were 8! Cameron Diaz is brilliant in this movie. Every one in this movie does an excellent job acting-wise. It is so good, but I knew that it wasn't going to have a happy ending. It's not a horrible oh, my gosh that movie sucked! (The Mist) ending, but it wasn't joyful. Watch the trailer on www.imdb.com. You'll see what I mean. I loved this movie, but just sadness. I am a crybaby cryface, and I really don't care. So when you are ready for a sad movie, rent this one (or go see it now it's worth the $8.25), but be prepared. I took the whole box of tissues. My friends and I needed them. I just knew I would.
Think thoughts! Happy thoughts! Well, apparently, Kaleb thinks my blogging is taking forever and is kicking me off the computer. Yay noggin.com!

2 comments:

Michele said...

I'm glad you had a happy 30th. Sorry, and maybe I shouldn't admit this, but just yesterday when I was trying to remember how old i am, I realized it was your 30th. 30's are awesome- you're mature and responsible (or can at least fake it & others think you are), but you're still young. Enjoy.
Love, Michele

sweetlissybug said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I love my present. But, yeah, I'm not sure how mature I am. I don't want to be old.