Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


For the 4th of July, Kurtis and I played World of Warcraft all weekend long. We never stopped. We didn't even eat. I lost like 12 pounds in 3 days! The kids complained a little, but I they'll be fine.
No, I'm totally kidding. We only played WOW for two hours on the 4th. On the 3rd, we went grocery shopping. We were supposed to go see the city's annual 4th of July play, but Kurtis made himself sick playing with Neji (the dog), and suddenly it didn't really matter what I wanted to do any more. Rude. So we played WOW instead. Then on the 4th, we played in the morning for a bit. Then we went to my mom's house and played croquet and jumped on the trampoline. My dad made Dutch oven chicken cordon bleu (It's French, cut me some slack, I have no idea how to spell it!) When it got dark, we lit fire works, and went to the church across the street where you have a view of the city's firework show. It was great fun. We got home around midnight. So we went to bed. But Sunday, after church, we played more World of Warcraft! Woo-hoo! That's pretty much what we do every Sunday after dinner. It's really not that special. But what's more American than video games and wild cherry Pepsi!


Playing croquet together! Hooray for the Irish! Yeah. I thought it was French, too. Wikipedia it.


Then snaps! Boys + Loud noises = smiles and happiness


Jumping on the trampoline. I was too busy jumping myself to take pictures of Zach and Riley on the tramp, so here's Kaleb. He didn't want to be bounced around. He loved having the tramp to himself!


Making silly faces! Love his new buzz cut? I do! He looks just like Kurtis' dad.






Sometimes, getting an artistic shot means looking silly. And my brother just looked really silly to me at that moment. Had to get it. Have to tease him now. It was a good day.

1 comment:

Michele said...

hey Melissa!
Your pics look amazing! Sounds like you had a good time. Happy 4th.