Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Knockin' 'Em Down!

Today was our nephew, Kayden's birthday.  He is now eleven years-old!  I can't believe it.  Well, actually I can.  But we always say that when we are commenting on how fast kids grow.  We were invited to his birthday party at Boondocks tonight.  I got the kids the 2 pack pass.  They got to do two activities and play some of the games for tickets.  Kaleb wanted to go bowling, so he and I used his 2 pack so that we could bowl together.  It was his very first time ever.  The smallest ball they had available was a six pound ball.  It was too heavy for him.  I tried to get him to put his fingers in the holes and roll it down the lanes, but he said it was too heavy.  So I rolled it down the lane for him.  He said, "I wanted to do it!"  Kurtis suggested he take it to the line, and roll it down the lane.  That worked!  He was so cute!  I put the bumpers up for him and down for me, so of course he won.  The score was 53 to 46.  Not too bad, but I got a lot of gutter balls for some reason.  I started getting better towards the end, so I guess I just needed to warm up a bit. ;)  He was so excited to win, though!  It was fun to watch him, too because he would run up to the line, stop, drop to his knees and roll the ball.  It rolled so slowly down the lane, too.  Awesome night!  I took some pictures with my phone.  This one is my favorite:

I love his little bowling shoes!

Riley and Zach played laser tag.  They thought it was amazing.  On a sadder note, the boys went to the eye doctor.  Riley needs glasses.  He seemed uninterested, and like he didn't want to get them.  I don't blame him.  Zach, on the other hand, was mad that he didn't need them.  That's messed up.  I had to nag Riley to pick out a pair.  He picked girl ones that were brown on the outside and green on the inside.  The only reason I knew they were girl ones is because they had cherries on the sides.  I was talking to Kurtis on the phone, and he very aggressively said, "Do not let him get girl ones!"  We found him some blue ones that are really nice, and we will post a picture of him when they come in.  But I thought it was kind of funny that Kurtis would get so upset about it. 

4 comments:

Michele said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to see Riley in his glasses- I bet he looks really good in glasses.
When easy going dad's care strongly about something you have to respect it. ;)

Michele said...

me again- why does your countdown to summer say 336 days? What kind of mean foolery is this?

sweetlissybug said...

Yeah, I don't really know why it did that. I put the date in right. I fixed it. The kids last day of school is June 3rd. When is yours, so Kurtis and I can start thinking about when we are coming. If we come during the the fourth of July holiday, he won't have to take as many days off. :)

Michele said...

I think it's June 9. So far our summer is wide open and free of any plans. I suppose there will be girls camp and scout camp at some point, but I haven't heard when yet. I'd be surprised if they plan them over 4th of July weekend. No rush, but keep me posted on what you're thinking. :) We would love to have guests.