Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Big Reveal

Yesterday, Riley and I went to pick up his glasses.  They've been in for awhile, but when you don't have a car, and the eye doctor closes before your husband gets home, it makes it hard to get things done.  Luckily, they are open Saturday mornings.  Here is the before picture:


And here is the after:


He doesn't look like a little boy any more!  They make him look so grown up.  I don't like it - he's only eight!  He does look handsome, though.  I just don't like that he looks older.  He said he could see things much better.  It was cute, he said, "Mom, I can see through the fog with my glasses on!"  It's been foggy here lately.  I thought it was funny.  He also said everything looked smaller when he first put them on.  The eye doctor said that was normal, and things would adjust themselves.  Being able to see clearly makes your brain think things are smaller at first.  I guess.  I don't remember.  I was in fourth grade when I got my glasses.  That would be twenty-two years ago.  Yikes.  He's still getting used to them.  Today, he forgot to put them on.  I hope that's not something I am going to have to always remind him to do - like feeding the dogs, or doing his homework, or making his lunch for school the next day, or doing his chores. 

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love it! Tell Riley he looks awesome. :)