Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kiss the Planet Good-bye

Monday, W had his birthday party with his friends, and I was lucky enough to be there to see it.  My dad is a mechanical engineer.  He designs tools for the space program that is pretty much non-existent here any more.  My sister asked him to help her with W's birthday party.  It had a space theme.  The boys had a lot of fun.  They made rockets and launched them at the planets (after my parents taught the boys about them first).  They strapped balloons to straws and raced them on yarn.  They made pizzas and watched a DVD of a rocket launch while they cooked.  Then they ate their pizzas.  We ran out of time and parents were starting to come pick up their boys, so W quickly opened his presents as they were leaving.  It was really great party.  Emily and I made robot cake pops for his cake treat while the kids were at school.  We decorated 32 of the 88 that we made.  It took us five hours with a half hour break in between while the cake pops.  Michele's daughter has a cake pop maker, but it only makes six at a time.  We had fun, though.  When my niece got home from school, she helped decorate them, too.  It was a fun way to spend the last day of our trip.  Tuesday, we flew home.  I loved flying over the rocky mountains and looking down from the window of the plane.  I really do love flying.  Emily asked me if I thought I could be a Flight Attendant.  I think I would like it, but I'm not sure.  I think flying is fun, but sometimes when it's your job, it sucks the fun out of it.

 The robot cake pops!

 My niece made that angry one.  I love it! :)

 Here is my dad taping the balloons to the straws.

 W.  Blowing up his balloon as big as he can.

 One of W's friends is on the left, and my nephew is on the right.  I think he let go of his balloon too late.

 I didn't take any pictures of the boys throwing their rockets at the planets, but my sister is an artist.  She painted this for the party.  Her house is always stocked with things to paint with and on and all sorts of supplies for creativity.  I wish I had more stuff like that.

This cake pop looked like Saturn! :)  It tasted really yummy, too. ;)

2 comments:

Michele said...

Oh what fun we had. i wish you would have told me you'd like more artsy crafty supplies- I could have sent you home with some. ;-) I'm trying to clean out my craft bin.
Can you send me a disk with your photos- I think we forgot to make one while you were here. Glad you had a good time. :)

abby said...

what a fun party! so creative. i've never had a cake pop before but those crazy robots are making me want one!