Saturday, February 4, 2012

Somehow I Still Get the Chills

Yesterday (a lot of my posts are starting with that word lately), I took my baby to the dentist.  He had a cavity filled.  It sucked (for him - I was fine).  He is the first of my children to ever have a cavity.  I think (hopefully) he has learned that taking care of your teeth is important, though.  He really hated it.  He whimpered when they left the numbing cream on his gums too long.  He didn't like the numbing shots.  He pretty much whimpered the entire time they were filling his cavity.  They did their best to work quickly, and were done faster than I thought they would be.  I took a picture.  They hygienist was trying to distract him from his discomfort and had me take it.  He thought he looked funny.  I always wondered what I looked like when I had to have one of those on me.  They aren't very comfortable at all.  Poor kid.  I was texting Kurtis and sent him that picture.  He said, "Whoa, that looks so uncomfortable."  "It is!"  I texted back.  Personal experience.  I'm pretty sure Kurtis has also had this personal experience.  But I forget.  He can open his mouth really wide.

 This isolates the tooth and keeps it dry so they can work on it.

Our dentist noticed his other top tooth was loose, so he pulled it out.  Now my baby is missing his two front teeth!  He was pretty excited about that.  He's getting so big!
When we were all done and getting in the car, he said, "I can still make the "S" sound!"  I think that Christmas song he sang during his program made him think he wouldn't be able to say "Sister Suzie sitting on a thistle".  :D

2 comments:

Michele said...

Maybe I will show my kids that picture the next time they don't want to brush their teeth.

abby said...

milo has the worst teeth on the planet, so i'm very familiar with the dentist, unfortunately. :(