Sunday, April 22, 2012

No One's Getting Out Without Stadium Love!


Thursday was my dad's birthday.  He turned 61.  My dad is awesome.  When I went away to college, for my first Valentine's day away from home, he got me a single pink carnation.  He said it was because he didn't want me to think that nobody loved me that day.  I probably laughed and blew him off and said I didn't think that, but it meant the world to me, and I have never forgotten it.  He has the kindest heart of any man that I have ever met.  He showed me how to work and taught me how to be a good person.  He still comes over and helps me when I don't know who else to call.  I really do have the best dad on the planet.  True story.
On March 29th, my sister wrote this on my wall on facebook:  "Hey maybe for Dad's birthday we should get him Stadium of Fire tickets... The Beach Boys are playing!"  How does she find out about these things?  She's so up on all the hip info.  I'll never be able to keep up.  My dad really loves the Beach Boys and I couldn't think of a way more awesome gift to get him, so I suggested that Emily ask if the rest of our siblings would like to chip in.  Then we could get them really good seats.  :)  
My brother Rodney came over on Easter and told me that my brother's fiance was telling him about the Beach Boys coming and that Dad said that he and my mom would have to go to that.  I was worried that my dad would buy himself some tickets, so a couple of days later, I called my mom and asked her to think of an excuse to tell him they couldn't afford that.  That was pretty easy for her as it turns out, they have a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks.  Whew.  I also told her not to write it down on her calendar, or Dad would see it!  My mom likes to plan things and have things to plan for.  She tends to write them all down, too.
Yesterday, Emily and I went to visit my parents and watch my dad open his present.  That's always the best part! 

He wasn't expecting that!

 Wow!

 These are good seats!

 I think he likes them.  It's kind of hard to tell, though.  He's so stoic.

2 comments:

sweetlissybug said...

Michele said:
Love it love it love it
Thanks for posting since I couldn't actually be there

abby said...

What a great gift! I really really want to go to that. I love the Beach Boys! Your Dad is super cool.