Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unite and Take Over

The other day, I asked Riley a couple of questions.  I asked him, "What if there was a drug that was only for men that you could only get from a doctor and insurance covered it, but there is also a drug that was only for women that you had to go to the doctor to get but insurance didn't always cover it - do you think that's fair?
He said, "No.  Insurance should cover both."  I also said, "Let's pretend Mom has a job that is the exact same job as Dad's where she does the exact same thing that Dad does and has the same ability to do that job.  Do you think that Mom and Dad should be paid the same amount of money, or should Dad get more?"
He said, "No.  They should be paid the same."
See.  A nine-year-old gets it.  Why can't this guy?  

Here is a humorous interpretation of what women have to put up with:


We absolutely should be pissed off.  Because it is flat out, simply, just plain wrong.

I hate politics.  I purposefully checked "Unaffiliated" on the box when I registered to vote.  Kurtis had the audacity to call me a "Moderate" once (although that does sound about right).  I hate taking a stand on things, but this is just out of control.  But all is not lost.  There is something you can do (aside from taking over the world and making yourself supreme dictator).  You can register to vote, and actually exercise your right as a citizen of this country by voting.  Or you can stand back and watch in disbelief as idiots behave idiotically.  It's up to you.

No comments: