Monday, April 2, 2012

Sunlight Across a Darkened Floor

I have some good news.  No, I'm not going to have a baby.  You guys are weird.  My kitchen is finally put completely back together.  Except for two baseboards that I will nail in myself and two baseboards that my brother needs to cut me to replace the ones in the kitchen that don't match up with the ones in the front room.  Yay for unforeseen circumstances! 
Saturday, Kurtis and I pounded in the baseboards in the front room except on the west side of the room.  I was really anxious to begin painting the front room the way I want it, and I was not going to wait around any more.
Sunday, I started painting.  I'm so super excited about the way my wall is starting to look!  It's going to be really cool when it's done.
Here are some pictures of the new floor as it got put in:

 Here is the picture I took when the boys went on a lunch break.

 After day 1.

 This is the new sub floor they put in.  They also put one in the front room before they started installing the floor.

 They finished up the kitchen except

 this part.  Somebody forgot to order the stair nose and so until that came, it wasn't worth coming back and doing just this tiny bit until they got that part.

 Here it's all done! :)

 Then, when he went to put in the quarter rounds (the edging around my cupboards), he realized he had forgotten his small nail gun.  Finally, two weeks later, they have put it in and the floor is done!

And they put this edge on as well.  We are so thrilled to have the floor completed!  Woo hoo!

Here is something fun to show you.  The vent grates were the same color as the old floor, so I got to get new ones!  I like these so much better.  :)
But Project Front Room continues.  The rest is up to me.  Kurtis is only helping when I need it on this one.  I know I've said this before, but his expertise is very specific, and it's given him carpel tunnel.  It's good for me.  I suppose.
 

5 comments:

Kellee said...

I love your new floor!

Michele said...

It's looking gorgeous! I can't wait to see the walls and the furniture arranging. :-)
That was said in my sing songy voice

Katrina and Brian said...

Looks Awesome! I love your vent grates. Can't wait to see the paint!

abby said...

they look so good! and i am laughing pretty hard at your first three sentences.

Jen said...

Ooooo it looks sooo good!! Super jealous!!