Sunday, August 12, 2012

I Regret Nothing

Remember how my doctor told me to elevate my leg?  Yeah, well.  I went home and did that, but the next day (Tuesday), I decided I would try to work out.  At first it was a bit uncomfortable, but then my leg felt fine.  I worked out for an hour.  That's actually less than how long I usually work out.  Well, actually.  That's not quite true.  Depending on the day and how much time I have, I will work out between 45 and 90 minutes.  If I work out less than that, it doesn't do anything for me.  But most of the time, I try to hit the 90 minutes, so I thought I was being careful.  But by the end of the night, my leg really hurt.  I blame it on working out.  Because working out sucks. ;)
Then I had to get ready for the day and when I got into my shower, the basket that is suction cupped to the side of my shower stall wall had fallen and I looked at it and said, "I need to just clean this shower stall."  So I cleaned the shower stall.  Crouching is extremely uncomfortable and causes pain in my leg.  But I did it any way.  Because trust me.  It needed it.
Then I took the cat to the vet, and got ready for my Stampin' Up! workshop that was the next day.  Doing everyday things like standing aggravates my leg, too.  It hurts to cook dinner, so if you ever come over and we are just standing around and I start walking in place, that's why.  My leg doesn't hurt to walk, or to have it propped up.  But standing or sitting hurts.  It's weird.
Then my friend called me and said, "Let's go to the zoo tomorrow!"  I wanted to go to the zoo.  I was unsure about how my leg would feel in the morning, but I ended up going anyway.  My leg didn't hurt much and while we ate lunch, Riley let me prop my leg up on his chair, so that helped.  My bestest friend Nicole and I were kind of cranky though.  It was really hot.  That's my excuse.  I think she was sick and didn't know it though.  Plus keeping track of seven kids kind of sucks.  It was 101 degrees that day, though.  Holy crap.  I hate being hot and sweaty.
Yeah, so much for taking it easy.  Thursday and Friday, I took it easy, though.  I did basically nothing. :)

 The baby elephant is so cute!

 Rhino butt!

 Kaleb cracks me up.

 Get inside that eagle's nest and smile like you mean it!


 This is a seal.  They have spots and no ear flaps.  Just holes.

 This is a seal lion.  They are bigger than seals and don't have spots and have little ear flaps.
Now you know what the difference between a seal and a sea lion is.

 The polar bear was cute!

 See?  How freaking adorable is that?  They made a whole new enclosure for the seals, sea lions, and the polar bear.  I love it.

 Hot mamas! :)

 Aaaah!  It's eating my arm off!

 I like the tigers.  They are so beautiful.  I like them with a thick glass wall between us best.

 The are in the process of building a new enclosure for the giraffes.  I think the zoo is just getting better and better.



 The got up close with this owl.  But the were not allowed to touch him.


 Gorilla snot!


 This is what we made for my Stampin' Up! workshop that night.  You put chocolate in there and give it to someone you love.  Or whatever candy they like best.

Cute card, eh?

1 comment:

Des said...

I just got caught up on your blog. I am sorry about your burn! I hope it gets better soon. :)