Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh, It Doesn't Matter How You Hide

So speaking of my burn, I will update you about that now.  Well, over the weekend, I started to worry that my burn was starting to get infected.  The signs of infection were there.  Redness radiating away from the burn site, the redness was also warmer than the rest of my skin, and the burn itself had some puss where I had knocked it into a foot rest after the blister popped.  Oh, I didn't tell you about that.  We went swimming at my bestest friend Nicole's mom's  house the day after I got burned.  I bent down to spray sunscreen on Kaleb, and pop! goes my blister.  It was painless.  At the end of the day, though, I sat in one of her chairs and went to put my foot up on the foot rest, and bam!  I guess I didn't pull my leg up high enough and I scraped the burn against the side of the foot rest.  That freaking hurt!  It also pulled off about a one inch circle of the skin off my blister-covered burn.  I may have sworn.  I don't remember.  It's not important.  But that's the part that got infected.  If only I wasn't such a klutz. The rest of it seems to be healing normally and fine.
So Monday, I watched my friend's kids for about an hour and when she came back, I showed her why I was limping.  She said, "Did you go to the doctor?"  "No.  I don't want to go to the doctor."  You need to go to the doctor."  We had taken the car in for a tune up, so I didn't have a car, and she said, "I will take you to the doctor.  You call them and let me know if you need me to take you to the doctor."  I called.  They said that I could just talk to the nurse, but the nurse would probably just tell me to come in and get it looked at, so I made an appointment.  Hopefully, I won't cry too much when I get the doctor bill.
The doctor looked at it and told m that the part that worried her the most, though was the redness that was radiating down my leg and she put me on an antibiotic and told me to put an ointment on it (she gave me lots of sample packets) and to keep it elevated.
It seems to be doing better.  The antibiotics are working.  It still hurts once in awhile, but I keep it covered.  That helps.  I shaved my legs yesterday.  Their hairiness was beginning to get to me.  I don't think I have ever been that careful while shaving my legs before.

2 comments:

Michele said...

ps
are you selling Doterra? Lori does too. Do I have to find someone here to buy it from? Also, what got you into it? Part of me hesitates to get into it because I try too hard to avoid the image of being a COMPLETE hippie artist. I'm crazy enough already right? Some of the basic cold allergy stuff seems reasonable though. Petoullie (sp), now that stuff stinks and no one should smell like that. ;-)

sweetlissybug said...

Yes, I do sell it now. Just click on that link and you can order it from me. It will be shipped directly to you! :)