Sunday, December 2, 2012

Separation Anxiety

I meant to post this on Friday, but I never got the chance, so you get to read all about it today! :D
Thursday night, Kurtis started coughing.  The loud, I'm sick, and it sucks to be you if you are trying to sleep in the same bed as me kind of coughing.  Needless to say, it did suck to be me that night.  He kept me up all night.  I'm not sure I slept at all, but Friday morning, I started to dream, and it was one of those half awake, but not really dream, where you have your own conscious thoughts about the dream as you are dreaming it.
So Kurtis, the boys and I all went to the airport to pick up my sister for Emily's wedding.  Here's where one of my conscious thoughts came in: "Why are we picking up Michele and the other five people in her family?  They will never fit in our car!"  We were heading to the terminal where her plane would dock when Kaleb asked, "Why are we going this way?"  "We're going to meet Michele and her family at their terminal so that we can show them how excited we are that they are here."  "Oh.  Which terminal do we need to meet them at?"  That was a good question that none of us had bothered to check out before we went racing through the airport (At this point, I have another conscious thought:  "This airport must be pre-9/11 because you can't go to the terminal to meet them any more!), and I left all of them to go find out at which terminal I should meet my sister.
This is where it gets weird.  As I have turned and left my family, I see two F-16 fighter planes out the window chasing each other.  Finally, the one that is being chased, turns around and hovers in the air (is that even possible).  The other one approaches the F-16, and says (yes, I heard it!), "You need to land immediately!  If you do not land, I will be forced to shoot you down!"  I don't know what the crap is going on, but the next thing I know is that I look inside the cockpit of F-16 number 1 and notice there is a lot of blood in that cockpit.  A lot.  The person flying the plane has an injured person inside and because it is gross, I look away, and think, "What the heck was that all about?  After that, I never see them again.
So I keep heading towards the electronic board that lists all of the flights and when they get in and which terminal they will be docking at.  As I am headed that direction (still away from my family), I hear somebody yell, "Oh, my gosh, a cannibal!!"  And everybody starts running away.  I turn to see what is happening, and all of a sudden, all around me, there are crazy people eating other people.  Blood is everywhere and blood doesn't really bother me, but it was gross.  And scary.  I turned around and ran to get to my family, but I had to run upstairs.  As I get upstairs, I immediately turn around and run back down the up escalator.  I'll try the elevator.  As I get to the elevator, zombies start swarming a bunch of people who were running away.  I thought, "Man, I really wish I had a weapon of some sort."  I was defenseless.  Then I woke up.
I never did get back to my family.  I knew needed to get up to the third floor.  That's where they were and they were probably safe (I mean, I hoped they were safe), but I woke up.  It was a weird dream.
I told Kurtis about it and he said, "Were they Shaun of the Dead zombies, or Left 4 Dead zombies?"  "Uh...Definitely Left 4 Dead zombies," was my groggy reply.  But none of them were the special zombies like the hunter or the boomer, so in my sleep deprived state, it took me a second to reply.
I tagged my sister in a facebook post (I can't write on her wall) that said, "Michele (insert last name here), I had a dream last night that Kurtis, the boys and I went to pick you up at the airport and a zombie outbreak occurred. It was weird."  Her reply?  "I think maybe we won't have you pick us up..."
Kurtis slept on the couch Friday night and last night.  I think it was for the best.

I haven't played this in a long time.  Maybe it is a sign. ;)



No comments: