Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jump With Them All and Move It! Jump Back and Forth!

Tuesday Zachary graduated from the D.A.R.E. program.  I know what this is.  I just never had it when I was a kid.  Maybe if we had, there wouldn't have been so many delinquents at my school.  Meh.  That's debatable.
I volunteer in Kaleb's classroom at 2:45 in the afternoon.  Zach's graduation was at 2:15.  I thought, no big deal.  I'm sure I'll be done by then.  Well, apparently, this is a bigger deal than I thought.  Because when I got there, there was no where to sit and they had to put out more chairs.  I had no idea it was such a big deal.  It's D.A.R.E.  But the mayor was there.  The chief of police was there.  Miss Teen Utah was there!  I was like:
Who knew?

Needless to say, I was late for volunteering in Kaleb's class.  I watched Zach get his certificate, and then I left.  I should have stayed.  There were cookies after!  But I snuck back in after school, looking for Zach, and stole a couple for me and Riley.  I let Kaleb do his own stealing.  ;)

 The principal said there were 105 kids graduating that day.

 I was in the front row, and just happened to sit on the side he would be singing and dancing in.  He was really glad I was there.  I think my teasing him made him think I wasn't going to come.  Well, not really teasing.  He kept telling me I could take him home after the graduation and I kept telling him I had to volunteer at Kaleb's class at 2:45.

 The kids sang a song called "Choices" or something like that, and did a little dance.
Zach really only did the arm motions, and sang a little.

 This is our new principal.  I met him last week while I was volunteering in Zach's class, and he seems nice.

Left to right:  The mayor, the chief of police, the kids' D.A.R.E officer, Miss Teen Utah, and one of the kids who got to read his D.A.R.E. essay.  There were four.  Kids who read their essays.  He was the only boy.

The mayor talked.

The chief of police talked.

 Miss Teen Utah talked.  She showed the kids her D.A.R.E. t-shirt and told them that she graduated from D.A.R.E. seven years ago.  She also said it was a really long time ago.  Ha!

These are our sixth grade teachers.  They are awesome.

Zach is shaking the mayor's hand after receiving his certificate.  Then I left.  I missed the D.A.R.E. officer give his speech, and I missed the cookies and socialization afterwards.  But Kaleb's class got their stickers in their reading books!  I know where my priorities lie. :D


No comments: