Monday, June 24, 2013

Escape Artist (My Film Festival Submission)

Yesterday, we got Zach ready to leave for Scout Camp.  Then, I told Kaleb we were ready to go shoot the film for my sister's 2nd Annual (Just For Fun!) Film Festival.  When I re-explained to him what he needed to do, he decide that it was too embarrassing and he wasn't going to do it.  Luckily, Zachary is less-easily embarrassed.  He took the part of "Painting".  We climbed in the car and I told him we were going to the park, and he could play on the swings while I filmed him dressed up as a painting.  He said, "Will there be people there?"  Well, I wanted to do it while everybody was still in church (by everybody, I mean the majority of the population here.  Not everybody would be in church today, duh.), which would cut the likelihood of people being at the park down quite a bit.  I looked at him and said, "Most likely."  "Then, I'm not going to play on the playground."  Every location we filmed at, had to have minimal amounts of people who would see him dressed as a painting.  But hey, at least he did it.  The rest of the short film was filmed in my home.
Our first stop was Castle Park.  Then we went to the Botanical Center (wetlands area).  We saw a pelican.  It was really cool.  I need a new tripod.  I got some really good footage of it, but it's jumpy because my tripod is hard to work with these days.  And it's lopsided.  All my videos lean to the left a little.  It's annoying.
Any way, I used the not shaky bits in the film.  After that, we went to an alley behind the Kaysville Theater and then the sidewalk in front of it.  Then I scrambled up all the locations during editing to make the story flow better.  I think it turned out really cute (in a good way), and I think it's funny, too.
So I must give a big huge thanks to Zachary (who is now off to Scout Camp until Saturday), Riley and Kaleb.  They did a great job in their parts.  I love those guys so much!


2 comments:

Michele said...

I love love love your movie! & thank you so much to your boys and you for making one! No one else did. Not even my own daughter or two of my sons ;P Isaac made an animated movie that is super short. I'll send you copy. I thought it was a fun theme idea, but no one seemed to have time this year.

sweetlissybug said...

I seem to do better under pressure. Wait til the last minute and then just whip something up. ;)