Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Just Don't Really Understand Why They Make Such a Big Deal About It These Days

On June 7th, Zachary graduated.  From grade school.  So they had a graduation (sort of) to celebrate complete with a slide show of the whole school year.  It was long.  Too long.  I think all grade school productions should be kept to a half an hour or under.  Just my personal opinion.  It's pretty much all I have the attention span for.  I asked Zach what his feelings about having a sixth grade graduation are.  "Should we have them?"  "Yes!"  "Why?"  "Because it's fun!"  "You enjoyed that?  You liked listening to all the speakers and everything?"  "Yes!  I really did."  Well, if I was in sixth grade, I probably would have liked it, too.
The last day of school was pretty awesome for Zach.  After the "graduation", we got to eat a cookie and then go home.  But we didn't go home.  I made him run some errands with me and then took him to lunch to celebrate.  He liked that.
My little man is moving on to the Jr High School in the fall.  How exciting!
No more homework for a little while!  Woo hoo!
To celebrate, I made him run a few errands with me and then took him to lunch at Dairy Queen.

Yeah.  That's cooperating (I told him to smile and be happy school's out).

I video taped the entire One hour and seven minutes of Zach's graduation.  I've condensed it down to Nine minutes and fifty-five seconds which is still way too long, but if you want, you can watch it any way.  Or just skip to about 6:19 where they do a cute song and dance number.  You'll miss the slide-show, that was half an hour, but I cut it to three minutes.  ;)


2 comments:

Michele said...

happy graduation! The thing that surprised me the most when my kids were in 6th grade was the huge deal that DARE graduation was- I had no idea! I almost didn't even go for Ana, but glad I did when I got there- Dad's even took off work & it was as big an ordeal as 6th grade graduation day, slideshow, speakers, and everything. That was really nice of you to take Zach out to lunch,what a great idea. :-)

sweetlissybug said...

Oh, I know! I blogged about that, too! I almost didn't go either, but at the last minute, I though, well, I probably should.