Sunday, December 7, 2014

In Which There Is Christmas

Sacrament Meeting Art #51:  December 7, 2014.

I like to call this one, "It Came Upon A Midnight Clear."  Or maybe just "A Midnight Clear."  Either one works.  It's Christmastime, so I decided I would do something Christmas themed.  I know Jesus was born in the city of Bethlehem and his stable was out in the open where pretty much everyone could see poor Mary giving birth.  But I just wanted to focus on Him, so there's not a lot of detail.  The focus is on the stable, the family inside, and the star.  Then the shepherd and his sheep are obeying the angel's command to go and see.
Christmas is wonderful.  
And I find that it is most wonderful when I focus on the reason I am celebrating.
  
"We honor His birth, but without his death that birth would have been but one more birth.  It was the redemption which He worked out in the Garden of Gethsemane and upon the cross of Calvary which made his gift immortal, universal, and everlasting."  
(Gordon B. Hinckley - President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from 1995-2008)

Here's one of my favorite Christmas songs:

I probably blog this every year, but it touches me every time I hear it, so I hope you enjoy, and have a marvelous Holiday season.

No comments: