Thursday, December 4, 2014

In Which We Time Travel To A Party

Waaaay back in July, I found out my sister was coming into town for her brother-in-law's wedding.  I had asked my mom if we were planning on throwing a shower for Jayden (my soon to be new sister).  My mom said we should, and then I thought well, we should try to have it while Michele is in town, so she can meet her in person (they'd hung out on Google) before the wedding.  I asked Michele if they would have time to fit a shower into their trip, and she got really excited.  Then I talked to Jayden and we set the date and figured out a theme.  We chose a "Time of Day" shower with a beach theme for the decor.
Then I made invitations and some paper decorations.  I got some paper boxes from the dollar store and decorated them and filled them with chocolate sea shells that I made and some Swedish fish as a thank you favor for people to take home.  We had the shower in the afternoon, so I suggested a cookie bar.  When I told Jayden that's what we were going to do, she got excited.  She likes cookies.
We played wedding Pictionary and the "He Said, She Said" game.  We also played the game where I asked Ben a bunch of questions and then asked Jayden the same questions and she had to answer the way she thought Ben had answered them.  Only this time instead of just recording Ben's voice, we video taped him.  That was fun.
I forgot to take pictures during the shower while we were playing games, but I got pictures of the decorations and opening some presents.  I know that's what you really want to see, so here they are:

 The invitations.

 The garland.  It says, "Ben & Jayden".

 A close up on the garland.

 More decorations.


 The table.



 The floral arrangement.

 Presents!













 I had to take a picture of this little guy! :)



It was a really fun party.  I'm glad we were able to pull it off.

No comments: